• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Character window becomes weird (1 Viewer)

They are working on it. EQ bug with new UI. Something to do with specific hardware I think but not nailed down yet.

ETA: There are customui links in that thread that have workarounds to just replace with a custom UI that is a copy of the default until it is fixed.

They are working on it. EQ bug with new UI. Something to do with specific hardware I think but not nailed down yet.

ETA: There are customui links in that thread that have workarounds to just replace with a custom UI that is a copy of the default until it is fixed.
100%.. not MQ related, DBG's issue. some people saying its the GPU (newer nvidias), but then others are using the best of 2007 and have it.

I had this issue and what you need to do is to go back to the old ui file that they left in when they converted all this

I followed these steps on the forum by Emilari and it worked great - make sure you get all 4 files. And I just named mine Monkeyui

Step 1: Log out of EQ

Step 2: Load the patcher, but instead of logging in, click the little "Advanced Tools" gear close to the bottom left corner.

Step 3: Click "Open Game Directory."

Step 4: Open the "uifiles" folder in your EQ directory.

Step 5: Create a new subfolder. Mine will be called "EmilariUI" for the purposes of this example.

Step 6: Open the "default" subfolder and copy the following 4 files to the new subfolder created in step 5: EQUI_Inventory.xml , EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml , EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml , and EQUI_StoryWnd.xml.

Step 7: Log into EQ.

Step 8: type and enter "/loadskin UIFolderName 1" in a chat window. (IE: /loadskin EmilariUI 1)" Now what I did here was just opened options then general then click load ui skin.

The space and 1 at the end is important to retain the position all your windows load in; if you don't add it, you'll have to reposition your windows.

Its not all Radeons cause I have 3 computers with them and it only happened on 1 computer but I had to log into each character and click load ui and chose the one I just made which is really just the one we had before they messed with it

I had this issue and what you need to do is to go back to the old ui file that they left in when they converted all this

I followed these steps on the forum by Emilari and it worked great - make sure you get all 4 files. And I just named mine Monkeyui

Step 1: Log out of EQ

Step 2: Load the patcher, but instead of logging in, click the little "Advanced Tools" gear close to the bottom left corner.

Step 3: Click "Open Game Directory."

Step 4: Open the "uifiles" folder in your EQ directory.

Step 5: Create a new subfolder. Mine will be called "EmilariUI" for the purposes of this example.

Step 6: Open the "default" subfolder and copy the following 4 files to the new subfolder created in step 5: EQUI_Inventory.xml , EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml , EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml , and EQUI_StoryWnd.xml.

Step 7: Log into EQ.

Step 8: type and enter "/loadskin UIFolderName 1" in a chat window. (IE: /loadskin EmilariUI 1)" Now what I did here was just opened options then general then click load ui skin.

The space and 1 at the end is important to retain the position all your windows load in; if you don't add it, you'll have to reposition your windows.

Its not all Radeons cause I have 3 computers with them and it only happened on 1 computer but I had to log into each character and click load ui and chose the one I just made which is really just the one we had before they messed with it
I tried your way and it looks better, at least I can click on the button
1687062809329.png

Looks like the EQUI_Inventory.xml file did not fully get copied from the old original folder in to your new folder. Not sure how or why it would truncate the file like that. Its almost like it was taken from what they downloaded. So in your new folder you would have these four files:

EQUI_Inventory.xml ,
EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml ,
EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml ,
and EQUI_StoryWnd.xml.

The first time I did it I left out the quantity one and it would still show faded on my quantity window but inventory and window selector were fixed.

Problem - Character window becomes weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back