• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Character ini not loading (1 Viewer)

RedCents
50¢
When I load profiles and launch my toons with MQ into EQ they load without any ini. All the characters are brand new with no information. When I load the accounts individually my character ini files are loaded with all the spell sets and macros and everything. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Thanks ahead for any input and help.

When I load profiles and launch my toons with MQ into EQ they load without any ini. All the characters are brand new with no information. When I load the accounts individually my character ini files are loaded with all the spell sets and macros and everything. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Thanks ahead for any input and help.
what does "load without any ini" mean? like eq ini? as in eqclient ini with eq settings and other ini files like hotkeys and such?

do you have eq installed in more than 1 location - and you have your autologin set to a directory that doesn't have all your hotkeys and such?

if instead, you mean "no kissassist ini" then i would check to make sure you don't have multiple mq installation locations, and the location you're running mq from is the location you think that it is. You can check this in the launcher setting tab

and you can right-click on the MQ icon and compare where MacroQuest Root opens up to compared to where you think it should be opening up to.

config files like kiss ini files are all in your "config" folder now

1663470380834.png

1663470504306.png

No matter what I try when I load EQ with the launcher it loads my characters without any spell sets or bars set up or any of the stuff I normally use. When I log in each character solo through the EQ launcher they have everything set up. Really confusing.

No matter what I try when I load EQ with the launcher it loads my characters without any spell sets or bars set up or any of the stuff I normally use. When I log in each character solo through the EQ launcher they have everything set up. Really confusing.
i asked you a few questions. one importantly about multiple everquest directories.

can you please re-read what i asked.

if you have your autologin pointing to a "base install" of eq that has no configurations for anything and not your "regular" install of eq (meaning you have multiple eq installations --- then you wouldn't have the stuff you'd expect, as i mentioned

I am also confused here.

It sounds like you have multiple EQ directories or something really weird.

In your Redguides Launcher - you definitely need to have it pointing to you Macroquest Directory. - Where did you install MQ?

Ie:

C:\REDGUIDES\LIVE
C:\REDGUIDES\TEST

Can you explain in a little more detail How you are Launching EQ? Are you trying to use the Autologin?

Oh and I see you just joined. Welcome aboard!

Dont worry it gets easier!

Well, I just deleted all Daybreak and EQ files from my PC and just reinstalled everything so it all matches. Now to dial the rest of this stuff in. I'm sure I'll have another hiccup, unfortunately. Thanks for all your help I can't say it enough.

Problem - Character ini not loading

Users who are viewing this thread

Back