• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Character consistantly crashing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
Hey everyone,

Tried to look it up, and couldn't find a fix or source for the crashID. I'm wondering if it is Direct X that is having the issues?

I've tried turning the comp off and resetting it. I've made sure MQ / RG / Very Vanilla / plugins, etc are all up to date. Not sure where to go, or what to do.

The pop up states:

MacroQuest caught a crash:
Version: 3.1.0.1546
Location: ReleaseGraphicsEngine+0 (C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\EQGraphicsDX9.DLL+0000000000018C10)

CrashID: b523f5e7-a4a0-4905-b7f5-5f24f07446ca

Currently running a 6-box with SK, CLR, ENCH, NEC, ROG, and MAG. The mage is the only one repetitively having issues:

All classes running their respective MQ2 plugin. I can list all active plugins if needed.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Tried to look it up, and couldn't find a fix or source for the crashID. I'm wondering if it is Direct X that is having the issues?

I've tried turning the comp off and resetting it. I've made sure MQ / RG / Very Vanilla / plugins, etc are all up to date. Not sure where to go, or what to do.

The pop up states:

MacroQuest caught a crash:
Version: 3.1.0.1546
Location: ReleaseGraphicsEngine+0 (C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\EQGraphicsDX9.DLL+0000000000018C10)

CrashID: b523f5e7-a4a0-4905-b7f5-5f24f07446ca

Currently running a 6-box with SK, CLR, ENCH, NEC, ROG, and MAG. The mage is the only one repetitively having issues:

All classes running their respective MQ2 plugin. I can list all active plugins if needed.

Thanks!
This does not appear to be an mq2mage crash.

Is your mage always the 6th toon you log in?

Is your PC getting throttled on resources?

Mage isn't always the 6th one to log on. Mage is actually #1 on the list for logging on.

Very well could be the computer, but with it running 6 characters, the CPU usage is around 30% and memory around 45%. I have the Frame Limiter setting on so it limits the FPS in the background.

Mage isn't always the 6th one to log on. Mage is actually #1 on the list for logging on.

Very well could be the computer, but with it running 6 characters, the CPU usage is around 30% and memory around 45%. I have the Frame Limiter setting on so it limits the FPS in the background.
@brainiac says the crash is in the new eq ui - which you can turn off in your eqclient.ini (or in everquest settings window).

I'd recommend perhaps trying that - lots of folks having issues, crashes, and performance problems with it.

I've tried both the new ui and old ui, and i've been chain crashing clients for the past couple of days.

Didn't check what the error was specifically. I'll see if I can find it on the next one. These patches the last week or so have been absolutely awful with client crashes.

I had several of these yesterday. I did a reinstall of MQ and they went away. I still have the device reset issues though.
device reset issue, is often happening because of screen going to power save mode or you unplug/plug certain devices like usb devices and such, specifically we seen it happen with usb headset and such.

device reset issue, is often happening because of screen going to power save mode or you unplug/plug certain devices like usb devices and such, specifically we seen it happen with usb headset and such.
Yup it normally is, however this was happening while I was sitting at the computer not unplugging anything and the monitor not going to sleep etc, literally playing my group like I normally do, and it just pops up.

Yup it normally is, however this was happening while I was sitting at the computer not unplugging anything and the monitor not going to sleep etc, literally playing my group like I normally do, and it just pops up.
Same issue here. Bunch of chain crashes for no reason. It was fine last week. I do get the crashes when the monitors go into power saver mode now as well. Which didn’t happen before.

I was having consistent issues with my boxes crashing or freezing, and excluding the MQ and EQ folders in Windows definitely improved things. OP, maybe try that? Granted, my crash issues were related more to DanNet, but could be worth a shot.

The answer is: you need to re-enable the new UI. That supposedly fixes it.

Going to give it a shot later.
This actually caused me to start crashing more. I immediately reverted to the old UI and the whole duplicate icon crap on the ui and delay for bags to display contents/etc (all eq issues not mq) caused me to give new ui a try, hoping maybe they just screwed old up. Then the new UI started crashing me. so i reverted back to old again, and the crashing persists.

Whatever they did to break/fix UI things, it's a complete hot mess.

Same issue here. Bunch of chain crashes for no reason. It was fine last week. I do get the crashes when the monitors go into power saver mode now as well. Which didn’t happen before.
I have my guys sitting in guild hall afk today since i'm in the office. Ill take a look when I get home but I would be willing to bet that all my characters will be up except my sk. If that is the case, ill disable my monitor sleep sleep settings and let them sit again tomorrow for testing.

After getting back from the office yesterday, all boxes up, except my SK. He crashed with the device error again. All others were up fine. Logged SK back on, turned off the monitor sleep function, let them sit overnight. Checked this morning, all up except SK. Unloaded plugin, and let them sit again. after I get back from the office ill post about those results. No idea at this point though, nothing makes sense.

After getting back from the office yesterday, all boxes up, except my SK. He crashed with the device error again. All others were up fine. Logged SK back on, turned off the monitor sleep function, let them sit overnight. Checked this morning, all up except SK. Unloaded plugin, and let them sit again. after I get back from the office ill post about those results. No idea at this point though, nothing makes sense.
For clarity's sake. It is not in MQ2eskay causing your crash.

It certainly is an interesting problem. I'd be inclined to check about what's different for the SK's session in EQ compared to the rest of them. Do they all share a common eqclient.ini file?

It certainly is an interesting problem. I'd be inclined to check about what's different for the SK's session in EQ compared to the rest of them. Do they all share a common eqclient.ini file?
Yeah just 1 eqclient.ini file for all of them. im working from home the rest of the day so when I got home I checked, and my SK was still up this time. I just started up running my group now, so ill be watching them while I work to see if anything weird happens, but the only thing I changed was unloading the plugin, which I don't think that is it because it doesn't make sense. I have some other things I can toy with to see if I get any other results, however, my SK is running with plugin now, without issues and has been for almost an hour. Double XP weekend so ill try to take advantage of it as much as possible so should have good opportunities to sort through it.

Yeah just 1 eqclient.ini file for all of them. im working from home the rest of the day so when I got home I checked, and my SK was still up this time. I just started up running my group now, so ill be watching them while I work to see if anything weird happens, but the only thing I changed was unloading the plugin, which I don't think that is it because it doesn't make sense. I have some other things I can toy with to see if I get any other results, however, my SK is running with plugin now, without issues and has been for almost an hour. Double XP weekend so ill try to take advantage of it as much as possible so should have good opportunities to sort through it.
It can be the eq crash that when you receive buffs you crash (rare but it does happen). EQ dev team has not sorted it out yet. Guild lobby is the one place drive-by buffing is almost sure to happen.
Repeat the test with them hidden away in your housing.

Im not using MQ2, but have same problems with random crashing on some of my PCs. Tried everything i can find on official FAQ and forum, nothing helps. Tried petition to support - answer was update your windows 7 to windows 10 (even in FAQ them must support win7). Tried old ui / new ui / default erc, still not sure what to do. One of my PCs start crashing more often, it can be few hours of playng, or just after i log in, dont know what i can do else so i just delete all character files i find in EQ folder (ui ini etc) and was able to play all day without problems. Not 100% sure it was solution i need, but at least something :) Maybe someone have same problem too. (sorry poor english)

Im not using MQ2, but have same problems with random crashing on some of my PCs. Tried everything i can find on official FAQ and forum, nothing helps. Tried petition to support - answer was update your windows 7 to windows 10 (even in FAQ them must support win7). Tried old ui / new ui / default erc, still not sure what to do. One of my PCs start crashing more often, it can be few hours of playng, or just after i log in, dont know what i can do else so i just delete all character files i find in EQ folder (ui ini etc) and was able to play all day without problems. Not 100% sure it was solution i need, but at least something :) Maybe someone have same problem too. (sorry poor english)
your english is great

windows 7 wouldn't work with our rg launcher or with macroquest anyhow - aaaand windows 7 is just a super bad idea.

I sure hope fixes some of these issues

But before them start testing new UI i played many years with no crashes, also some of PCs use WIN8 and few WIN10, i dont think its windows problem as all of 12 comps i have start crashing sometimes. But on win10 PCs EQ crash much less often, its true, but still some strange things happen.

Problem - Character consistantly crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back