• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Changing Chat boxes settings (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,616¢
On my way to getting things set up on my 6 box crew, I set some chat boxes to ALL like on spells and melee. I have been doing some reading about optimization and turning some of that stuff off will save some cycles on your BG chars. But when I go to turn off, for instance, "Others spells" it just sends that function to my main window, and keeps on chugging. Sheesh talk about an OLD UI lol. Can't even right click it and change it from on to off.

Anyways, is there a way to turn some of that stuff off? Thanks for any input you may have.

Just for future use I will reply to my own thread. Upon further research, I found out you use the Alt O option window in game. Go to the Chat tab and there you find all kinds of stuff to mess with lol. I wanted to change what was showing and also to change the color of some of the stuff. But it looks like I have to change it on every char (especially my BG chars). Anyone know if that info gets written to some kind of ini file, so I can copy and paste it to other chars?

the settings in the control options chat, gets store in t he eqclient.ini, so et it up on one, load the others and that should follow

now for what goes in each chat window is stored in the ui_characterName.ini and can be easily copied to multiple inis using the Garryck's_INI_Copier.exe, which is supplied with mq2 in the utilities folder. load one toon, set everything up, camp her to desktop, use the ini corpier to copy her ini to everyone else.

load everyone in.

Kaen01 thanks for the info.

Got me to look at my ui_characterName.ini. All I can say is wow. I scanned through all 5500 lines of it and didn't see what I was looking for. I was looking for what was displayed in each window and what color it was displayed in. But like I said, I just scanned it for now. I didn't know about the copier though, thanks for that little tidbit of info, appreciate it. Gonna come in real handy once I have a character all setup the way I want it.

Question - Changing Chat boxes settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back