• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Changes to current 4-box group (to 5-box) (1 Viewer)

Joel

RedCents
Hey all!

I've been playing around with ALT-TAB-boxing for a while now. Group has been:
- PAL(95) MT
- MAG(95)
- DRU(94)
- BRD(94)
- 2xHealer merc

I like the MAG for CoH, Pet and DPS. I use the DRU to port and DPS. 2 healer mercs makes healing easy...

But now I'm thinking about making a change to this, to get more DPS...maybe? Something like this:
- PAL(95) Main
- MAG(95)
- DRU(94)
- ENC (replacing BRD)
- 2nd MAG (replacing one of the healer mercs)
- Healer merc

What do you think about this change? Will DPS be better and will healing be enough?

Thanks in advance!

Jor

I always recommend real tank, real cc, real priest (clr/shm) and then fill the rest dps.

mercs aren't super great at all, tho they are nice in a pinch

fortunately, the pal can supplement stuff and the druid can do fine.

pal/dru/2heal mercs is definitely leaving too out too much dps

I would start with just replacing 1 heal merc with the mage, and then make further adjustments as you need

Agree with what Sic said, I think your plan is solid and will do what you want. Ideally you can eventually get your pal/dru combo to manage heals (I've heard of people using paladin as main healer but haven't done it myself) and then you can add a 6th. NEC/BST/BRD are all viable as your 6th slot I would think, so if you want to plan a little ahead put that ENC on a different account than your BRD.

Seems to be a solid group composition, Druid aura will enhance spell damage and enc will enhance casters' damage during burn. The only thing you'll miss really is tha bard speed when you'll move a toon :P

Thanks all for your input.

Druid covers runspeed (pretty ok at least hehe).

I'll try this combo and see how well it works :-)

Hey all!

- PAL(95) MT
- MAG(95)
- DRU(94)
- BRD(94)
- 2xHealer merc

I like the MAG for CoH, Pet and DPS. I use the DRU to port and DPS. 2 healer mercs makes healing easy...

But now I'm thinking about making a change to this, to get more DPS...maybe? Something like this:
- PAL(95) Main
- MAG(95)
- DRU(94)
- ENC (replacing BRD)
- Healer merc

What do you think about this change? Will DPS be better and will healing be enough?

Thanks in advance!

Jor
PAL , SHM , BRD , MAG, BL, ZERK(or MONK or ROGUE), (or 2x Merc DPS if you don't really want to add 2 more PCs)

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

yea, personally I wouldn't replace the bard with an enc unless you feel the bard isn't able to handle CC, but with a real tank there's very few situations where a bard can't handle stuff that a chanter could. I would suggest just adding a sham as your 5th to take over heals / slows / debuffs and they can still dot to add decent dps. Then it frees your druid up to just focus on DPS, although it will likely have mana issues. The other option would be to add a bst as your 5th as it brings slows, shm type buffs, mana regen and solid dps.

Hey all!

- PAL(95) MT
- MAG(95)
- DRU(94)
- BRD(94)
- 2xHealer merc

- PAL(95) Main
- MAG(95)
- DRU(94)
- ENC (replacing BRD)
- Healer merc

Thanks in advance!

Jor

With what you currently have; the PAL, MAG, DRU, BRD, MER, MER = Drop both mercs and add 1 SHM, 1 NEC.

So this way you will have your buffs covered and extra dps.

Discussion - Changes to current 4-box group (to 5-box)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back