• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Change keyboard from Azerty => Qwerty ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,089¢
Is it possible to change to keyboard with a code ?
I mean for some macro, some user must change there keyboard settings or the macro will not work.
There is a way to create a code for auto switch it ? So we just have to add this code at the start of the macro and add another code for switch back to original keyboard when we stop the macro.

Edit : Can we chance the keyboard, WITH MQ2 ?

Last edited:
maybe this would be helpful?

Well my laptop has a qwertz keyboard because I purchased from a german website without thinking about it. But it is set in windows as a qwerty, so the physical z key gives y when pressed as one might expect. I don't imagine there is a way in game to change this on the fly, it would have to be set in the operating system but I have no problems with any macros.

What macro is causing problems because I thought when you do a /keypress U or whatever it is drawing from the keybinds set in EQ?

The short answer is yes I'm sure it is easy to change a macro to use a different key, could be as easy as doing a find and replace in notepad to change 'keypress Y' to 'keypress Z' or whatever is switched and causing the problem.

Yeah, any keypress command hits the wrong key when your layout is different from QWERTY. There’s a bug for that here: https://gitlab.com/macroquest/next/mqnext/-/issues/138

There’s not a way to do it from MQ, though you could probably use exec to handle it. I wouldn’t, though. Just do as Robban says and change the layout.

If I were going to work on something for macros I’d rather just fix the bug than add a way to change the setting (which is just a workaround to not encounter the bug).

Bazaar(v3) and bazaar2 rely heavily on /keypress. I would love to find a better solution. A soon to be released update to bazaar will utilize the control click feature to search In trader mode. Buyer mode will still depend on /keypress.

The problem is that there is no way to Copy/Paste. In trader mode we have the control (maybe it’s shift, it late) so hat will hopefully help. In buyer mode there is no such option. So we read the item them then have to type it out on character at a time.

Why keypress does this is beyond my skill set, if i knew a way to detect it’s not a QWERTY keyboard I’d have it pause and ask to change it, in not about to get into executing command code, that can get real dangerous.

Tech - Change keyboard from Azerty => Qwerty ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back