• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Change Character Name (1 Viewer)

You have to have original account info to use the official name change..was wondering if there was a way to do it without that info and without paying EQ $50 to do it?

Get 3 or 4 friends to petition your name and have them say it offensive to them because it is a curse word in another lang or something. worked for me a few times. Also it help if your friends go on about how there kids play and they don't need to see that kind of filth yadayada.

PS make sure you have all your corpses cleaned up or you will not be able to loot them.

Pugs said:
PS make sure you have all your corpses cleaned up or you will not be able to loot them.
Yeah, I had this happen before and it makes everything a big pain in the ass. I am actually having a problem right now with something along these lines. When I left the game, my account was hacked. When I came back in I had to fight for 3 days to get my characters back. Earlier tonight I went to log my cleric in and couldnt. I logged onto my other account and actually ended up being in the same zone as "my" character. I believe that when sony transferred my characters back to me, they just copied them and didnt change the names lol. The toon that was in game was level 72, whereas mine is 69. Maybe I can get some loot off of a body from this. :evil grin:

Pugs said:

orrrrrr leave one with a ton of no drop gear on it and make an alt with your characters old name, and loot it.
Not sure if it would work, but it seems like it would considering Abyss had a plug that allowed you to take on a name that was taken allowing him to hit peoples corpses and banks.

Red cents? anyone? :P

Thanks for the ideas...this is an account I bought on a different server to use for PL'ing and the seller didn't let me know how well know he was. So, I am getting tells left and right..was hoping there was an easy answer..as I am a Red noobie. :#

Just for a heads up, and I use this while selling accounts. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ORIGINAL INFORMATION~~ Just take your information (Has to be used on the account in the past) and use that information. I had two accounts that I was the original owner of, and I sold all 7 and they were all server transferrable. Secret Question? Just use your own info in Sony's little online chat form they use. Lost your CC? Again, just use your current card info you use now! Game card? Pretty much, get a CC and use it!

This has been my secret to selling/transferring/gaining secret question to accounts that were not originally owned.

Also if a stupid kid you play with has a password without a number in it, in most cases means he doesn't have a secret question, if he quit, sell his account :#

I don't know, this little bit of information might be helpful, if it is... RedCents appreciated.

When it comes to renaming its different than transfering characters. It asks for your name and has a little box, then it asks for credit card info and with that a place for your address and name again. I've renamed characters by putting the last owners name in the first box and mine and my credit card info in the other boxes.

Marburyisgod said:
Just for a heads up, and I use this while selling accounts. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ORIGINAL INFORMATION~~ Just take your information (Has to be used on the account in the past) and use that information. I had two accounts that I was the original owner of, and I sold all 7 and they were all server transferrable. Secret Question? Just use your own info in Sony's little online chat form they use. Lost your CC? Again, just use your current card info you use now! Game card? Pretty much, get a CC and use it!

This has been my secret to selling/transferring/gaining secret question to accounts that were not originally owned.

Also if a stupid kid you play with has a password without a number in it, in most cases means he doesn't have a secret question, if he quit, sell his account :#

I don't know, this little bit of information might be helpful, if it is... RedCents appreciated.

Sometimes the secret quest is what color are your eye's

and people answer it honestly leaving only a small number of possibilities =p

Very much in need of password changing for 2 accounts that have WHERE WERE YOU BORN so not quite easy to guess....not sure what you were referring to with sony's online reference ...... Secret Question? Just use your own info in Sony's little online chat form they use......

What is that ? Thanks

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name Change after Transfer

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (GM Heanry) - 12/07/2006 05:19 PM
Greetings PersonGuy,

Thank you contacting Sony Online Entertainment. I am GM Heanry. I understand that you got X appended to your name after availing our character transfer service. I am sorry to hear that you came across such an incident.

I am glad to inform you that I have renamed your character from PersonPeople to PersonGuy, while you were offline. I have also checked your character's corpse in the game, but was unable to find any.

We appreciate your patience. If you have any further questions or concerns, or if this did not resolve your issue, please write back and we will do our best to assist you further.

Regards,
Game Master Heanry,
EverQuest

Customer (stationname soe) - 12/07/2006 02:33 PM
"When a character is transferred, their current name may already be taken on the server that they are transferring to. When this occurs a 'x' will be placed at the end of their name. If this occurs, please /petition in-game explaining that you just received a server transfer and that you would like to check on the status of your name. Please include 2-3 alternative names that you would be happy with so that the GM's can assist you in resolving your name issue."

I would like my name to be changed to PersonGuy.

looks like when a GM changes your name they check for ingame corpses. so it might be possible, but i think they look for people changing names with corpses, and then creating a char with old names and looting corpse. could work though!

Change Character Name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back