• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Can't log in from an EQ install (1 Viewer)

RedCents
616¢
This morning I suddenly can't log in from one of my EQ installations. It's the default installation in the C:\Users\Public\daybreak game company\installed games location. I can't login with or without MQ Next running.

I keep getting this error message:

error screen.jpg

However, my other EQ installation works just fine (in C:\Games) and I can log in as normal. I've even copied the working version (from C:\Games) over the non-working version (with the exception of four folders Logs, maps, uifiles and userdata), and I still have the problem.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Solution
double check you aren't having antivirus or similar hold your files in that directory hostage, or scanning them in a way that is making you timeout
double check you aren't having antivirus or similar hold your files in that directory hostage, or scanning them in a way that is making you timeout

Solution
Problem - Can't log in from an EQ install

Users who are viewing this thread

Back