• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software Can you please fix crash when I camp and log back in (1 Viewer)

bmilltesttest

RedCents
I don't crash when I camp a character to log in another to do something else unless I am running your program, that said I do understand a number of other things are going on with this amazing program you provide for all of us. Please just fix the crash out of game when trying to swap characters? Has been happening pretty often.. 1/3rd to 2/3rds of the time for me at least.

You should always end anything you have running when camping or switching characters. It's very likely to crash when the macro starts issuing character commands while at the character select screen.

This is happening to me with regularity. I don't have any macros running when swapping between toons for inventory management purposes, but I still crash every time.

I would love to help by sending my .dmp files but I am new-ish to Redguides and do not know how. Would someone be kind and explain how to a newbie?

Have any of you tried using the /switchchar <name> command?

I.e. /switchchar joebob will camp out whatever toon you are on and then try to log the other one in. You can always just do random letters instead of the name if you want it to stop at character select and you can pick whichever toon you want.

Have any of you tried using the /switchchar <name> command?

I.e. /switchchar joebob will camp out whatever toon you are on and then try to log the other one in. You can always just do random letters instead of the name if you want it to stop at character select and you can pick whichever toon you want.

I have. I've tried /switchchar and also just mashing End button. Neither stops the crashing.

I am having this issue as well. I've followed all of the suggestions above as far as ending macros to swap, etc. Only thing that has been working for me is unloading MQ2 between a character swap. This is a small sample - the last three times I swapped to my traders I unloaded first and I did not get a crash notification.

I'm having this problem as well. Often when I camp out and even when I /switchchar. Sometimes it's a DX9 error, but less often. I'd say it happens roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the time I intitiate a log-out.

Software Can you please fix crash when I camp and log back in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back