• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Can my old pc handle it? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
69¢
So I have decided to fix up my old pc with more ram to use it as my main eq pc, I know nothing about pcs but ordered 4 32gb ram sticks processor is

Intel i9-9900KF, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC MB​

Will this be able to handle 128gb? Not sure if it matters but graphics card is 2080ti. Not saying I’ll be running 100 accounts but maybe close and usually I go 1gb per account. Thank you for any info you may have for me trying to get this pc back up and going :)

yeah that’s why I can’t figure it out because of the multiple versions I’m hoping that is the 128 seeing as it has room for 4 sticks. Was kinda hoping someone has used it before and may have known what the difference is.

So, complete newbie question here but what on earth do you need 128gb of ram for? ...Do...do I need more ram? Does each account really chew up a gig of ram? I'm not questioning you if you need it, you need it, I'm just trying to learn. I'm not at all familiar with what it takes to run more than a 12 box.

So, complete newbie question here but what on earth do you need 128gb of ram for? ...Do...do I need more ram? Does each account really chew up a gig of ram?
EQ is RAM, CPU, and barely touch your GPU. with EQ display settings, and MQ framelimiter, you can get it to around 300-500mb each. Outliers go both ways, somebody showed me one running like 210 each, and ive seen others cant get it below 1.1.

Short answer, 1g per account is a safe number.

EQ is RAM, CPU, and barely touch your GPU. with EQ display settings, and MQ framelimiter, you can get it to around 300-500mb each. Outliers go both ways, somebody showed me one running like 210 each, and ive seen others cant get it below 1.1.

Short answer, 1g per account is a safe number.
Wow, that's really good to know! I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to start adding more, thanks!

Discussion - Can my old pc handle it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back