• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Can healers be more flexible? (1 Viewer)

cloudchaser

RedCents
60¢
Hi guys, hello everyone!

I´m still new to this so please don´t /facepalm if my question it dumb. So, here is the thing:

I was running around with my group killing stuff and i was like...hmm...good time to med since everyone is low on mana anyway, so I let my toons sit down and med. After a while medding a red con came out of the nowhere and ambushed my group. I was looking at my healers mana, he was at 75%. So I was like, no big deal, i got this easily. Fight started, tank got pounded heavily and i was waiting for my healer to heal! but he didn´t! Why not? Because he exaclty tried what he announced in the MQ window.....MEDDING to 100%! So he didn´t care what´s going around, he was just medding. Needless to say, i wiped. The question is, can i prevent that? I want the healer to med, yes, BUT i want him to react when the tank needs healing! he had 75% mana, so he could have healed! What can I do to change his behaviour?

any advice is appreciated :)

I think you can control that with this line in the [General] section:

MedCombat=0

That tells them whether to med in combat or not. There is a lot of other stuff you can do too like setting castinginterrupt to 1 which makes them stop whatever they are casting to heal someone. Also with conditions you can do more advanced stuff that can make characters really smart.

I think you can control that with this line in the [General] section:

MedCombat=0

That tells them whether to med in combat or not. There is a lot of other stuff you can do too like setting castinginterrupt to 1 which makes them stop whatever they are casting to heal someone. Also with conditions you can do more advanced stuff that can make characters really smart.

Thanks for the fast answer. I tried medcombat=0, which eliminated the problem i described. BUT he stands up as soon as combat starts even when there is nothing to heal right now, so he is missing some sitting mana regeneration time...but i guess thats still better than not healing at all :) Not sure about the condition stuff, but I assume he will ignore it too since technically Heals1=Healing|70 IS a condition, which he ignores in the scenario I described.

Question - Can healers be more flexible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back