• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Can A Rogue Or Berzerker be the best player? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,270¢
Really be The BEST player you ever met. A Rogue might do less than any Character in the game. Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Bards but I can totally understand how a Bard could be the Best player you ever met. I've met some great Bards. I have no clue how or what they twist etc But a Rogue stands behinds the mob stabs it procs poison and can give the other melee poison to proc and that's it. And their best damage is limited to humanoid mobs. I can see your favorite player being a Rogue. The coolest or kindest being a Rogue but the best. Just my thoughts.

I'm afraid I might not understand the question entirely.

In my opinions is it possible that I feel that either a rogue or berserker can be the best player? Yes.
In my opinion the best player wouldn't be one class. They would be knowledgeable about multiple classes. They would know and understand the game mechanics and are capable of learning quickly, taking on new content without any hand holding, are able to conduct themselves inside or outside of a group of other players. Capable of being objective and open to criticism.

But that could all also boil down to are they entertaining to hang out with more than all that crap I just said above this sentence.

In my opinions is it possible that I feel that either a rogue or berserker can be the best player? Yes.
In my opinion the best player wouldn't be one class. They would be knowledgeable about multiple classes. They would know and understand the game mechanics and are capable of learning quickly, taking on new content without any hand holding, are able to conduct themselves inside or outside of a group of other players. Capable of being objective and open to criticism.

But that could all also boil down to are they entertaining to hang out with more than all that crap I just said above this sentence.
@ChatWithThisName is correct I am the best player regardless of class...

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

I think you just put in better words how I would like to describe the best players. The point I was stumbling through is someone who solely plays a Rogue with what they do being so limited is fair to call them the BEST player. The same could be said about a Mage considering you can basically play a Mage with one button. When compared to someone who mains another class that brings more to the table.

Class has nothing to do with it or what they bring to the table. The best player is the actual player that learns all his class has to offer and delivers it day in and day out

Its going to come down to all the tricks in their playbook, performance relative to their gear and others in the group filling a similar role etc. As you mentioned its hard to shine with a limited toolbox but you can still judge them against their peers for that class.

No matter what though you'll likely have a hard time shining over a good chanter/bard who is fast on the CC or a raid geared SK who looks at an overpull as a chance to self heal.

Crazy part about EQ is gear plays such a big role, especially on TLPs where some group game casual players know their shit but can't look as good as the raid geared player who knows just enough to get by and get a similar result.

For an example, I grouped with an LDoN geared warrior during GoD who had a tough time with aggroe against a group of raid geared dps. When approached with the "mash taunt" fix to his issue, he educated us on how taunt at the time was a tool to place him just above the aggroe of the highest person. By contrast we had raid geared warriors mashing taunt in a spam button and did fine because they wielded bloodfrenzy or darkblade. If that group geared tank had raid gear he'd be a stud.

Discussion - Can A Rogue Or Berzerker be the best player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back