• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Buying new computer (1 Viewer)

You need to export and then import your autologin profiles, the rest of the configs and stuff can just copy/paste over
I bought a new computer that will arrive tomorrow (patch day).

Is there a way to change the graphic setting on your profiles globally if you copy/paste, or will I have to go to each character and make all the changes manually (if so would it be best, in your opinion, to just redo all the settings from scratch and not risk importing buggy or poor settings to my approximately 60 characters that would require taking 30 minutes to adjust all the settings on all my characters)?
Basically, the laptop I am on now is 10 years old and is a basic cheapo brand, if I log in to multiple accounts I have to have them set with clip plane to "0", sky off, and a dozen other settings to make sure to drop their framerate to make it playable.
I am getting a gaming desktop with Gen 13 i9 with 24 cores, 64G RAM, and a Nvidia 4070 ti with 12G Video RAM. So hopefully I won't need to hamstring my settings to play several accounts.

And are there any settings with my account here on the RG site that I will need to make so I don't run afoul of the rules for running 2 computers but only having 1 RG account (because I still plan to use my laptop to run characters that will be logged in and selling in the bazaar or foraging/fishing and in your opinion is that within the "best practices" of RG for being "at" the computer? eg the laptop will be next to me and I can see the character (and have a beep alarm if someone enters the zone or talks to me) but I am technically playing on a different computer and my focus will be on those characters.)

Sorry for the rambling question but if anyone has had to make this switch before and has any tips I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

I bought a new computer that will arrive tomorrow (patch day).

Is there a way to change the graphic setting on your profiles globally if you copy/paste, or will I have to go to each character and make all the changes manually (if so would it be best, in your opinion, to just redo all the settings from scratch and not risk importing buggy or poor settings to my approximately 60 characters that would require taking 30 minutes to adjust all the settings on all my characters)?
Basically, the laptop I am on now is 10 years old and is a basic cheapo brand, if I log in to multiple accounts I have to have them set with clip plane to "0", sky off, and a dozen other settings to make sure to drop their framerate to make it playable.
I am getting a gaming desktop with Gen 13 i9 with 24 cores, 64G RAM, and a Nvidia 4070 ti with 12G Video RAM. So hopefully I won't need to hamstring my settings to play several accounts.

And are there any settings with my account here on the RG site that I will need to make so I don't run afoul of the rules for running 2 computers but only having 1 RG account (because I still plan to use my laptop to run characters that will be logged in and selling in the bazaar or foraging/fishing and in your opinion is that within the "best practices" of RG for being "at" the computer? eg the laptop will be next to me and I can see the character (and have a beep alarm if someone enters the zone or talks to me) but I am technically playing on a different computer and my focus will be on those characters.)

Sorry for the rambling question but if anyone has had to make this switch before and has any tips I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
your EQ file (settings and such) and your MQ (settings and such) can be moved over as files. There is a autologin export function that will be your greatest help MQ2autologin hope that gives you a link and has the ways to export your blob (was buggy, but think its been cleaned up now).

but gratz on PC, sounds like a monster, gonna blow you away :rock:

Question - Buying new computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back