• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Burn Key Problems (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,751¢
Have a problem where the following buttons will not work

1642921498441.png

When they wont work, i cant even switch to the character and /burn or /burnnow. It just will not KA or Class plugin burn. most of the time it works fine, sometimes... not at all. It will even tell me that /burn and /mag burnnow, /enc burnnow, etc. are not valid commands.

I think we spoke about this the other day. Make sure your aliases are correct for the cwtn plugins. They are posted in my hotkey page. I use those aliases nonstop every day.

Re kiss cmd not firing AND other stuff, I'd make sure you are connected to eqbc/Dannet etc and you're not having some intermittent issue with firewall.

You also might consider using button master rather than in-game hotkeys, as sometimes you can't do certain hotkeys while casting, but with button master you can.

There is no overlap that would make your kiss burn button and a class command both say they're invalid, unless you're just confused that /burnow would and should say invalid for characters not running kissassist

I think we spoke about this the other day. Make sure your aliases are correct for the cwtn plugins. They are posted in my hotkey page. I use those aliases nonstop every day.

Re kiss cmd not firing AND other stuff, I'd make sure you are connected to eqbc/Dannet etc and you're not having some intermittent issue with firewall.

You also might consider using button master rather than in-game hotkeys, as sometimes you can't do certain hotkeys while casting, but with button master you can.

There is no overlap that would make your kiss burn button and a class command both say they're invalid, unless you're just confused that /burnow would and should say invalid for characters not running kissassist

Thats kinda the point. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When they work, they mash kinda slow, but the effects still go off and burns begin "roughly" when i want them to. Sometimes i hit the button 400 times and it does fuckall nothing. Sometimes some toons will burn and others wont.

Thats kinda the point. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When they work, they mash kinda slow, but the effects still go off and burns begin "roughly" when i want them to. Sometimes i hit the button 400 times and it does fuckall nothing. Sometimes some toons will burn and others wont.
If you are still using any of the mq2 variants of eqbc server - don't. Either use the new eqbcs that knightly did, or use Dannet.

Almost sounds exactly the reason I was using eqbcs2 over the original eqbcs.

The new one in your MacroQuest install does not have that problem

If you are still using any of the mq2 variants of eqbc server - don't. Either use the new eqbcs that knightly did, or use Dannet.

Almost sounds exactly the reason I was using eqbcs2 over the original eqbcs.

The new one in your MacroQuest install does not have that problem
Im using the EQBCS that launches with MQ. Im not using any weird one that Im aware of.

Have a problem where the following buttons will not work

View attachment 37296

When they wont work, i cant even switch to the character and /burn or /burnnow. It just will not KA or Class plugin burn. most of the time it works fine, sometimes... not at all. It will even tell me that /burn and /mag burnnow, /enc burnnow, etc. are not valid commands.
Having same issues with aliases not working correctly. Using The new EQBC. When I type /alias list - cwtn and cwtna does not even show up , but when i open MacroQuest.ini they are definitely there?

/alias list will list all aliases alphabetically and there are several others not on list also? Would also like to make a request that default color of list be anything but purple! - Cannot read purple on black background! )

1642963508855.png

This is the hotbutton use.

/cwtn=/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

These are in my Maceroquest.ini.

This use to toggle
1642963816958.png
the BurnAllNamed and BUrnAlways on and off on my other characters, but not anymore?

Or I just assumed it use to toggle it and went on my happy way?

But no longer toggles on characters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having same issues with aliases not working correctly. Using The new EQBC. When I type /alias list - cwtn and cwtna does not even show up , but when i open MacroQuest.ini they are definitely there?

/alias list will list all aliases alphabetically and there are several others not on list also? Would also like to make a request that default color of list be anything but purple! - Cannot read purple on black background! )
your alias list has nothing to do with eqbc/dannet tho

jayah - use a slash command to "save" your setting, the window is for temporary change. it is the first item in the FAQ for each plugin.

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

this is what my alias section looks like in my ini

INI:
[Aliases]
/yes=/multiline ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_YesButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_OKButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_OK_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TradeWND TRDW_Trade_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ProgressionSelectionWnd ProgressionTemplateSelectAcceptButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify RaidWindow RAID_AcceptButton leftmouseup
/no=/multiline ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_NoButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_No_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TradeWND TRDW_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify GiveWnd GVW_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ProgressionSelectionWnd ProgressionTemplateSelectCancelButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_DeclineButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify RaidWindow RAID_DeclineButton leftmouseup

/cwtn=/dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/dgga /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/dgre /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/dgae /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/revive=/multiline ; /notify RespawnWnd OptionsList listselect 1; /timed 15 /notify RespawnWnd RW_SelectButton leftmouseup

This is what mine looks like
1642963655523.png

the alias list uses your "Who Slash Command Results" color
so if you do a /who bill whatever color that is, is what the output for the alias is
1642963679446.png

if you're curious where the other aliases that you see added come from, they are from mq2commandapi

C++:
AddAlias("/d", "/duel");
AddAlias("/t", "/tell");
AddAlias("/w", "/who");
AddAlias("/a", "/anonymous");
AddAlias("/ta", "/tap");
AddAlias("/c", "/consider");
AddAlias("/cha", "/channel");
AddAlias("/f", "/feedback");
AddAlias("/fa", "/fastdrop");
AddAlias("/m", "/msg");
AddAlias("/load", "/loadspells");
AddAlias("/b", "/bazaar");
AddAlias("/ba", "/bazaar");
AddAlias("/g", "/gsay");
AddAlias("/gu", "/guildsay");
AddAlias("/key", "/keys");
AddAlias("/r", "/reply");
AddAlias("/newif", "/if");

your alias list has nothing to do with eqbc/dannet tho
Was just letting you know that I was using EQBC? But thank you.

so if you do a /who bill whatever color that is, is what the output for the alias is
1642963679446.png
OMG.. THANK YOU!!!

Does Alias have a cap on how many you can have/use?

/Alias list only shows 89 ... I have more than that in my Macroquest.ini file.

I will work on this ... and post fix ... Some how the Aliases I have in Macroquest.ini ( Next/Config ) are not showing up when I type /Alias list.
If someone else has had same problem, let me know what fix is/was.

When you edit your Macroquest.ini [Aliases] and save it do you have to Refresh Injections. Or restart MQ to make the new Aliases active?

Thank You!

Last edited:
Was just letting you know that I was using EQBC? But thank you.

OMG.. THANK YOU!!!

Does Alias have a cap on how many you can have/use?

/Alias list only shows 89 ... I have more than that in my Macroquest.ini file.

I will work on this ... and post fix ... Some how the Aliases I have in Macroquest.ini ( Next/Config ) are not showing up when I type /Alias list.
If someone else has had same problem, let me know what fix is/was.

Thank You!
no, you can have a LOT of aliases (probably shouldn't tho). I've tested having hundreds and hundreds

Make sure the ini file you think is the one you're looking at is the correct one

you can right click your MQ icon and click "INI File" to open it
1642966275492.png

[Fish.mac]\ao Beers Spilled: ${beerSpills}

everything under this was not showing up when /alias list

moved this to bottom of ini , unloaded all instances , logged characters off , Exited MQ , restarted Launcher , Launched MQ , loaded characters ,
ran /alias list ( now shows 131 instead of 89 ) and /cwtn , /cwtna & others now show up on list and now work!

YEA!!!

Thanks for help .... much appreciated .... and really like the
My eyes thank you!!

Problem - Burn Key Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back