• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bug in windows mode (1 Viewer)

RedCents
50¢
Hi All,
I was having an issue where on my second PC my group members in the background would sometimes stop.

I narrowed it down to when an item was on the cursor it would get stuck but when I switched to that window it would drop the item into inventory as expect. I didn't have this issue on my other PC. I was able to resolve the issue by resizing my resolution to EQ's windows screen resolution down a few ticks so everything was clearly visible with part of the desktop around the whole window.

I suspect that part of the window (even if, so very little) was outside the visible display of the monitor or more likely behind the taskbar and that would cause the windows in the background to not auto inventory items on cursor.

Is this a known issue? I spent quite a bit of time searching my symptoms with little results.

Solution
Hi All,
I was having an issue where on my second PC my group members in the background would sometimes stop.

I narrowed it down to when an item was on the cursor it would get stuck but when I switched to that window it would drop the item into inventory as expect. I didn't have this issue on my other PC. I was able to resolve the issue by resizing my resolution to EQ's windows screen resolution down a few ticks so everything was clearly visible with part of the desktop around the whole window.

I suspect that part of the window (even if, so very little) was outside the visible display of the monitor or more likely behind the taskbar and that would cause the windows in the background to not auto inventory items on cursor.

Is this...
Hi All,

Is this a known issue? I spent quite a bit of time searching my symptoms with little results.
i would

a: make sure you have > framelimiter setup <
b: check that your alt-o options for max FPS is not set to "min" for background
1662589961112.png

Solution
Sorry I Never got around to retesting it, but changing the resolution and making sure they were all in the visible screen (no part of the window below the taskbar) everything started working as expected.

Question - Bug in windows mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back