• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Buffs, login, camp and debuffs (1 Viewer)

Ketriheart

RedCents
21¢
Hey!

Here's some question I'll probably get embarrassed over later.
(Im new to MQ2/kissassist)
Group only lvl 75ish

Question #1
I want my chanter to have /buffson *on*, but that makes him cast Horrificing Visage on my tank every 0:48 min. Always.
Should I remove that from kissassist.ini bufflist and manually cast it with /bct chanter //cast 1?

Question #2
When I want to(start playing) load all Group from MQ2 in taskbar. MQ2>Profiles>groupname>load all.
There is a hot key option. But I can't set special keys in.
I have a keyboard I can program, so to not mix with hotkeys in EQ, I want them Ctrl+Shift+1,Ctrl+Shift+2, and so on.
How do I get Ctrl and Shift in the hot key?

Question #3
Is the idea with spellcaster that one have most of the gemslots memed with dps, and only one gemslot(well, actually 2(LW)) that cycles throu buffs on KS ini?

*Question #4(found /camphere)
How do I make camp? /makecamp? nope. /camp? Ohshit! Cancel!

*Question #5(found DebuffAllOn=2)
How come my chanter aint debuffing?

[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Echo of Tashan|99|debuffall|tash|always
DPS2=Desolate Deeds|98|debuffall|slow
DPS3=Synapsis Spasm|97|debuffall|crip
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL

/Hides

Last edited:
Everybody starts there, so don't be at all embarrassed. Greats job finding some of those answers yourself.

Plus KA is an evolving code so even if you search the forums, you may find answers that don't work like you think they will. The discord server is another great resource for quick questions about ini settings, why things aren't doing what you want or conditions code.

I lived on this KA settings page for my first few months.

1. Yes remove the buff if its causing issues. Really short term buffs can be a pain as the buff toon is constantly cycling into the buff phase. You could also add it as a DPS entry, if you only want the ench to cast it during combat and not worry about refreshing during downtime. You'd need to dedicate a spell slot though. DPS doesn't like replacing spells, too much down time during combat.

2. Not sure

3. Yeah ideally you load all DPS into dedicated slots and have one slot to replacing out buffs for buff phase. If you need to use long wait refresh spells, then you can use the 2nd slot option.

I do.

1. Yes remove the buff if its causing issues. Really short term buffs can be a pain as the buff toon is constantly cycling into the buff phase. You could also add it as a DPS entry, if you only want the ench to cast it during combat and not worry about refreshing during downtime. You'd need to dedicate a spell slot though. DPS doesn't like replacing spells, too much down time during combat.

How do I do this? When I put buffs in the dps list, I just get an error when running KA

I do.

How do I do this? When I put buffs in the dps list, I just get an error when running KA

show us your kissassist_character.ini file.

Hey!

Here's some question I'll probably get embarrassed over later.
(Im new to MQ2/kissassist)
Group only lvl 75ish

Question #1
I want my chanter to have /buffson *on*, but that makes him cast Horrificing Visage on my tank every 0:48 min. Always.
Should I remove that from kissassist.ini bufflist and manually cast it with /bct chanter //cast 1?

Question #2
When I want to(start playing) load all Group from MQ2 in taskbar. MQ2>Profiles>groupname>load all.
There is a hot key option. But I can't set special keys in.
I have a keyboard I can program, so to not mix with hotkeys in EQ, I want them Ctrl+Shift+1,Ctrl+Shift+2, and so on.
How do I get Ctrl and Shift in the hot key?

Question #3
Is the idea with spellcaster that one have most of the gemslots memed with dps, and only one gemslot(well, actually 2(LW)) that cycles throu buffs on KS ini?

*Question #4(found /camphere)
How do I make camp? /makecamp? nope. /camp? Ohshit! Cancel!

*Question #5(found DebuffAllOn=2)
How come my chanter aint debuffing?

[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Echo of Tashan|99|debuffall|tash|always
DPS2=Desolate Deeds|98|debuffall|slow
DPS3=Synapsis Spasm|97|debuffall|crip
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL

/Hides
1. Short term combat buffs are best put in the DPS section. I do this on my wizard for the damage shield. Just make sure it casts first by giving it a high mob health.

Make sure the target is defined as MA.

E.g.

Dps1=mybuff|98|ma

2. Just type out Ctrl+Shift long form in the hotkey box. It's old school like that.

3. Yep!

I plan on covering these in updates to my guide as I came across these best practices earlier but have not had time to update.

Also ; is used as a comment to mark things in in files for notes.

It would be something like, might want to double check the spelling, I don't personally run this buff:

DPS1=Horrifying Visage|99|MA

So cast Horrifying Visage once combat has started and the mob is at 99% or less, cast it on the designated Main Assist (not the mob as target)

Depending on the refresh time of the spell, you might want to add "|once" at the end, so KA will only do it one time per fight. If you want to get fancy, I think you can add a condition to have the MA report their buffs via Dannet.

Question - Buffs, login, camp and debuffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back