• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Brell's vs ATK (1 Viewer)

RedCents
183¢
I've been using my Paladin's Brell's forever as Slot 4 Max Hit Points.

Now that I have a Beastlord (within 5 levels) and my Ranger (within 10 levels), I think I have 3 mutually exclusive Slot 4 Max Hit Points buffs to choose from
  1. Brell's
  2. Spiritual Vim
  3. Strength of the Forest Stalker
IMHO, with 13,000 HPs on my Paladin, giving up 300 HPs (Brells) or 150 HPs (Spiritual Vim) is a drop in the bucket compared to the 90 ATK I would gain

Thoughts?

You tag this is in real life but I would imagine you are not asking about what buffs you should carry around with your person in real life. So I'm going to change that for you

I personally want the attack especially on anybody, not the paladin

I've blocked Brell's on all melee oriented characters except tanks for well over a decade. Even in a group setting on a warrior or SK, I'd pretty much always rather have the attack.

But as a Paladin, Knight's Yaulp triggers off your stun and spell cast interrupt aa's, so it's probably better to keep Brell's on the Paladin, as Fueil has suggested. It's less attack than ranger buff of equivalent level, but also has mana regen and a proc rate modifier.

I don't have parses to back up that thought process, however, so take that as you will.

EDIT: If you're not high enough level to be triggering Knight's Yaulp yet, you can ignore this entirely for now.

Brell's on knights/casters and ATK on all melee (including war) is my set up.

I have absolutely no evidence to support this - just how I have always rolled it.

Discussion - Brell's vs ATK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back