• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Boxxing on Project 1999? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
69¢
Anyone have any tips to box? I know I can go the IP exception route, but that's a hassle. I want to just open 2 windows and buff myself. Ive tried VPNs but that seems to just break all connections to EQ.

Any ideas?

VPNs wouldn't help you, you'd have another ip but it would still be the same one for both "Windows". The only thing you can do is have 2 separate computers running EQ, 1 through your normal connection & the other one on VPN, but 2 ip on the same instance of Windows isn't going to happen (well it can, but you won't be able to route 1EQ through one & the other through the other).

Simplest way without technical knowledge would be 2 computer + 2 ISP.

I'll explain briefly how I was able to circumvent the IP restriction on Project 1999 on Windows 7.

A) Download three things:
1) Windows XP Mode
2) VMWare Workstation (This is not free)
3) Hotspot Shield

B) Install VMWare Workstation and Windows XP Mode
C) Install and configure Hotspotshield on your new virtual machine
D) Drag and drop the EQ folder from your 'real' PC over to the VM's desktop or wherever you see fit.

Now while you've got Hotspotshield running on the VM you can run a separate instance of EQ there and it will be on a separate IP address.

Boxxing on Project 1999?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back