• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Boxing on Two computers (1 Viewer)

Stay_Classy

RedCents
221¢
I currently 24 box on one computer.
I'd like to add more to my team but would have to expand two using a second computer to do so.
Will using 2 computers still allow me to run everyone through the same bccmd channels and eqbc windows?

For instance: Will using SiC's examples on how to move-my-toons work across 2 computers?
I use a mix of CWTN plugins and KA...

I think I saw a post regarding this once, but I cannot find it now regarding running multiple accounts on two computers.

It works just fine as long as everyone connects to the same EQBC server. Just be aware that some macros/plugins need special attention to work across computers for buffs and heals. For example, the CWTN plugins are designed to handle buffs on a single computer.

I currently 24 box on one computer.
I'd like to add more to my team but would have to expand two using a second computer to do so.
Will using 2 computers still allow me to run everyone through the same bccmd channels and eqbc windows?

For instance: Will using SiC's examples on how to move-my-toons work across 2 computers?
I use a mix of CWTN plugins and KA...

I think I saw a post regarding this once, but I cannot find it now regarding running multiple accounts on two computers.
like lilwizzie said - the commands work across the setup - do for dannet would work across your dannet setup, for eqbc would work across your eqbc setup.

with eqbc a /bcaa does everyone including yourself or /bca does everyone not including yourself - this is everyone connected to that eqbcs(server).

You will want to check out MQ2EQBC for commands for setting up across computers - but it is not difficult.

lilwizzie is also correct about the cwtn plugins - for our buffing classes, we currently use mq2cwtnbuffs to write your buffs to a file - this allows us to check current buffs, stacking, and even blocked buffs - the downside is that you need to be able to see those files locally in your local mq2 folder (sharing them across network is not recommended as they are read/write frequently)

It works just fine as long as everyone connects to the same EQBC server. Just be aware that some macros/plugins need special attention to work across computers for buffs and heals. For example, the CWTN plugins are designed to handle buffs on a single computer.
So ideally have my CWTN toons on one computer and the KA on the other...

like lilwizzie said - the commands work across the setup - do for dannet would work across your dannet setup, for eqbc would work across your eqbc setup.

with eqbc a /bcaa does everyone including yourself or /bca does everyone not including yourself - this is everyone connected to that eqbcs(server).

You will want to check out MQ2EQBC for commands for setting up across computers - but it is not difficult.

lilwizzie is also correct about the cwtn plugins - for our buffing classes, we currently use mq2cwtnbuffs to write your buffs to a file - this allows us to check current buffs, stacking, and even blocked buffs - the downside is that you need to be able to see those files locally in your local mq2 folder (sharing them across network is not recommended as they are read/write frequently)
Awesome, thank you.

You may need a little bit of networking knowledge for EQBC. need to be able to find your IP (remember this can change every time you restart) and how to open the port in your firewall (it’s it’s on). There are a few nice write ups in these forums. With DanNet, once you get it working it should just work everytime after

may want to find a way to keep your MQ2 config files synced. Makes things little easier when you need to make changes. Something like Dropbox. I’ve a testing an alternative to Dropbox (since they crippled the free plan) which seems to work well. I have 4 machines. Three often running EQ. Use the other to make a config change and less than a minute the change is on every machine.

On your home network, you can :
  • set a fixed IP on your 2 computers,
  • or fix there IP with your Internet box based on your MAC address (using DHCP).
So you know what IP your computers use and set EQBC server to work. It will stay in your home network, so it do not open ports on internet, only on your network.

Discussion - Boxing on Two computers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back