• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Box team suggestions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
67¢
I am coming back to eq live soon and am trying to figure out what I want my max level group/groups to be made up of, my last team was sk, cleric, 3 mages, bard, wizard, Necro, enchanter, shaman. Was really high caster obviously and was able to do just about whatever I wanted really well but I am wanting to swap it up a little bit and go the normal sk, cleric, shaman or bst, bard or enchanter but I can’t decide on melee dps classes I wanna run. Was thinking a little about going all out rangers due to the possibility of headshots and completely farming headshot targets hard and also maybe running 2 tanks and 2 pullers. Lmk your ideas!

I am coming back to eq live soon and am trying to figure out what I want my max level group/groups to be made up of, my last team was sk, cleric, 3 mages, bard, wizard, Necro, enchanter, shaman. Was really high caster obviously and was able to do just about whatever I wanted really well but I am wanting to swap it up a little bit and go the normal sk, cleric, shaman or bst, bard or enchanter but I can’t decide on melee dps classes I wanna run. Was thinking a little about going all out rangers due to the possibility of headshots and completely farming headshot targets hard and also maybe running 2 tanks and 2 pullers. Lmk your ideas!

Welcome back to EQ Anteroz!

Group game has changed a little over the past few years - fights often are really fast, so necros have fallen way behind since they need ramp up time.

Once you've figured out what your goals and expectations are - you can get a great group going that you will really enjoy.

Always put enjoying your team over min-maxing until min-maxing is more important to you than enjoying your team.

I'd decided on tank first, and then if you want a melee heavy or caster heavy group (or bard or ench for CC) and then build around that.

I run a War, Clr, Brd, Zerk, Zerk, Bst for my main crew --- obviously lacking some flexibility with no ranged damage, but can do group content/missions really well - the bst gives some group stuff like paragon and buffs while the zerkers just melt mobs - I have my cleric set to only heal, since TBL hurts - but many folks enjoy using a shaman who can dish out some nice dps and heals

Zerkers are kind of flavor of the month for melee dps (or past couple years really, heh) --- rangers seem to be less popular these days (headshot less viable?), and there are other classes who out dps them.

I just recently started a new rogue, which I really enjoy also.

The good news is - with MQ2 it is really easy to fire up a new group or new toon and get back in action if you need to switch things up

So I don't really have much for you - but play what you enjoy, and build from there

I just PL'd a second zerker to see what all the hype was about. My normal crew is a relatively balanced one of SK, Cleric, Enc, Ranger, Zerk, Wiz.

I swapped the Enc out for the zerk thinking that it would make for more melty mobs (kept the enchanter around to mez), but kissassist didn't mez out of group well.

I then put the Enc back into the group and dropped the ranger, instead. Even with my 2nd zerker not being maxed on AA's yet OR fully geared (I have a bunch of slots empty), he was adding a TON of dps.

I LOVE my ranger.................... but I'm really, really, really tempted to see if I can make a SK, Cleric, Enc, Wiz, Zerk, Zerk group work. I know, I know.... the wiz doesn't make sense and it's not optimized for melee or casting, but I'm not really sure it matters.

If you're going with a melee group + SK/Clr, I'd go with Bst over Shm and Bard over Ench. Those two both add group haste v4 (weapon delay reduction) with Bard's Quicktime and Beast's Dicho/Diss. Bard also gives group the max haste v3 (overhaste) plus a lot of atk and melee proc/dmg bonuses you don't get from Ench.

If you're trying a multi-group set up, you mentioned two tanks & two pullers, just know KA isn't really setup for multi-group or raids. It's designed for a single group though you can make it do some extra stuff. I've done up to 18-man raids with everybody running KA.

Multi-tanks: Yeah KA will do this just fine. Each one will select their own targets, sometimes it overlaps, but they clear up camp fairly fast either way. Even in a single group I'll often run pets in "tank" mode just to reduce the dmg the main tank takes, letting the pet absorb some everytime it taunts.

Multi-pullers: KA won't do this for a single group or raid. The pull routine watches for aggro on the xtarget list. So even in chainpull mode, the pullers will each only go out when the tank is on the last mob. So if one puller brings in a group of mobs, the KA groups will kill until last mob, then both pullers will run out to get more. But as soon as one puller aggro's some mobs, both pullers see their xtarget list show new aggro and they both return to camp regardless of if they've pulled their target (KA code default in case puller ran into unexpected mob aggro or mobs wandered into camp.)

Ah yeah I know what you mean and ty for your advice, I’ve decided to go with as my main first group, sk/cleric,monk, bard, and 2 zerkers lmk what you think about this setup, reason I was thinking about the ranger group was because of velious and possible chance at headshotting in kael. And if not atleast headshotting somewhere like fm Sarnak forts

I just PL'd a second zerker to see what all the hype was about. My normal crew is a relatively balanced one of SK, Cleric, Enc, Ranger, Zerk, Wiz.

I swapped the Enc out for the zerk thinking that it would make for more melty mobs (kept the enchanter around to mez), but kissassist didn't mez out of group well.

I then put the Enc back into the group and dropped the ranger, instead. Even with my 2nd zerker not being maxed on AA's yet OR fully geared (I have a bunch of slots empty), he was adding a TON of dps.

I LOVE my ranger.................... but I'm really, really, really tempted to see if I can make a SK, Cleric, Enc, Wiz, Zerk, Zerk group work. I know, I know.... the wiz doesn't make sense and it's not optimized for melee or casting, but I'm not really sure it matters.
Drop the wiz imo. =P Ranger auspice group guardian of wolf will benefit you longer down road dps wise for your zerks then the wiz would put out.

ty for all the suggestions, i have decided to run sk,cleric,bard,shaman,1monk,2 rangers,4zerkers,enchanter, keaving 1 spot open for PLed character(s) if i decide to split into 3 groups, and yes i know enchanter isnt really needed with bard but i like having backup CC as a just incase because going to have non stop pulls. just got 1 group to 110 and working on second, ty again!

Hello all, I'm a looooong time break-returnee and I'm trying to get myself a box group together.
I'm thinking about Beastlord, Necro, Druid, Cleric, Enchanter and Bard. Any suggestions?

Hello all, I'm a looooong time break-returnee and I'm trying to get myself a box group together.
I'm thinking about Beastlord, Necro, Druid, Cleric, Enchanter and Bard. Any suggestions?
Howdy Kiryyn - Welcome back

Same advice i always give.

1. Enjoy your group --- make sure you like your setup and the classes you have fun with
2. "Holy Trinity" is a good foundation --- Real Tank, Real CC, dps that compliments each other (bards for melee, enchanter for casters) --- there's a lot of flex there with the dps and CC combos that will change based on your goals and your needs.
3. I personally run Warrior (strong survivability), Clr (focused solely on healing), Bard (to compliment my melee group), Zerk (big straightforward melee dps), Zerk (big straightforward melee dps), Bst (group buffs, extra mana/endurance stuff, can FD to save a wipe, pet can offtank if tank is dead or mezzed etc). This setup works great for me, but obviously i don't have any ranged in there.
My second group and my f2p groups are usually SK tank, with either cleric or shammy heals, then choose the CC around the deeps and built out based on those group's goals --- I really enjoy SKs and kinda wish my tank was an SK sometimes

your listed setup has double CC (which i ran for a while, but didn't get as much use out of it as i thought i would), no "real" tank (War, SK, Pal), and pure DPS is kinda light --- necros don't do so well in the current group game environment based on fight length (I retired a ~20 year old necromancer main for a zerker cause of how modern group content is) Your Mileage May Vary

I think you're going to be hurting for dps with that setup really, unless you're staying away from higher level combat. Pet tanking can work, but it's nowhere near as reliable as a real tank.

You're also doubling up on mezzers, I'd drop the bard for a mage and your dps would be a lot higher

Thanks for the replies. I'll take note of it before I get my group started. I'm currently having issues getting it running, but I'll likely drop the bard/necro for a warrior/zerker after all.

I would keep bard and get rid of enc. Think it would be better dps.

It's a toss-up, especially if the group is going to be WAR, CLR, ENC, DRU, BST, BER ... the Druid and somewhat the BST will benefit from what the enchanter has, while the zerker and somewhat the beast will benefit from a bard.

What I think would push that group over the edge, though, is an ENC's CC'ing ability is just top notch.... no other class can get even close. If the group is otherwise not fully optimized towards melee or casters, then I would always default to the best class for the "other" stuff. In this case, the enchanter is the best for the "other" stuff (cc).

It's a toss-up, especially if the group is going to be WAR, CLR, ENC, DRU, BST, BER ... the Druid and somewhat the BST will benefit from what the enchanter has, while the zerker and somewhat the beast will benefit from a bard.

What I think would push that group over the edge, though, is an ENC's CC'ing ability is just top notch.... no other class can get even close. If the group is otherwise not fully optimized towards melee or casters, then I would always default to the best class for the "other" stuff. In this case, the enchanter is the best for the "other" stuff (cc).
This is a sample of 8 songs bard could keep on this group and one that pops pretty frequent. He would be adding to spell damage, overhasting, increasing the chance to triple attack, flurry, pet's chance to flurry, increasing ac, str, attack, min hit damage, hit damage, healing, increasing the chance to critical heal/hot, and increasing regen. That is increasing damage, healing and tanking. His mez does not compare to enc, but he can pull and fade. I know about their haste/attack buff, mana regen, runes, illusion with life proc, Visage buffs, and Aura. They can do more for a group with aa's abilities and buff. However, i don't know what and how. To me, he has enc beat as far as what he can add to the group. Can you give a list of what else enc could do? I'll look them up and compare. It would come down to how much dps they can add to group + how much dps they do. I also know little about their debuffs.

all of these stacks excepted the over haste obviously
songs
1: Increase Spell Damage by 31% (Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
2: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 25%
10: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 25%
11: Increase Chance to Flurry by 22%
12: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 28%

2: Increase AC v2 by 261

1: Increase Melee Haste by 60%
2: Increase STR by 279
3: Increase ATK by 179
4: Increase Damage Shield by 127
6: Increase Min Hit Damage by 41%
12: Increase Hit Damage by 5%

1: Increase Spell Damage by 45% (Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
2: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 25%
10: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 40%
11: Increase Chance to Flurry by 6%
12: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 35%]

1: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 25% up to level 110 (lose 10% per level)
2: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 25% up to level 110 (lose 10% per level)

1: Increase Healing by 12% to 13% (Before Crit)
9: Increase Current HP by 202 per tick
10: Increase Current Mana by 134 per tick
11: Increase Current Endurance by 17 per tick

1: Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Total: 10
2: Increase AC by 87
3: Decrease Offhand Damage Shield Taken by 105%
4: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 15%

aa every 3 or so min
Target: Caster Group
Duration: 60s (10 ticks)
1: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 13%
2: Increase Critical Hit Damage by 13% of Base Damage
3: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 300%
4: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 13%
6: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 13%
7: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 13%
11: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 13% of Base Damage
13: Increase Hit Damage by 13%
14: Increase Spell Damage v4 by 130% (Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
15: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
16: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
17: Limit Class: ALL

Question - Box team suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back