• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Box Group Round Out Question/Discussion (1 Viewer)

Psy

I run with scissors,break crayons,and eat paste
RedCents
16,065¢
Thanks to this software, I was able to take a 2 box (yes, using alt tab) to a 3 box. I'm not considering expanding to 4, 5 or maybe even 6 depending on thoughts posted here. I've yet to use CWTN's class plugins, but that's because only one of my toons is eligible. Now for the current 3 box makeup (no laughing please :P) I have a 117 Wiz that I started from scratch, a 115 Druid and a 104 SK. I know, really weird makeup but my son started the Druid from scratch and quit playing a few months back around lvl 98. I couldn't leave the poor guy there, so I made him my second box. Add the SK when I got VV because it made it easy, so I plan to use the eskay plugging for him soon. I just finished updating to MQ2next the other day and AKA as well. I know I will need to use AKA for the druid and eventually the Wiz when I level up the SK and make him the main.

What other toons would you recommend to round out this weird crew? I first thought enchanter and shaman, but that seems redundant. I know one of the two would really be mandatory for crowd control, so I figured chanter since I have the SK. Maybe Chanter and berserker and see how it goes?

Any thoughts?

the game is alive and well with tank -> heal -> cc then dps, so think of that
Yah, I guess when you put it that way it's rather simple. Add a chanter and/or cleric if going to stay 4 or 5 box since SK will level up and be the tank. From there, maybe a berserker for more dps if I want to do 6

Being caster centric group, look at Adding Chanter, Cleric, and Magician would be a good make up.

Druids just dont really fit in anywhere so if you wanted to get rid of the druid could add in a necro, but should be fine where it is as of now IMO

The setup you currently have is definitely going the caster group route, but at least you got a real tank! So kudos for that!

In your setup since you got a druid, I would add a Sham, enchanter, and mage, or drop the druid and pickup another mage or necro. I know Druids have become a red-headed step child these days, but I enjoy their utility. However, one of their utilities are ports, and you got that covered with the wizard.

With that in mind, you could add another real dps. Also, I noticed you mentioned a zerk, the synergy of your group points to casters. The zerk wouldn't shine like he would if you had a more melee friendly setup. Sure he would gain some benefits, but not all of them.

However, at the end of the day, play what you enjoy. You can always swap characters and make new ones. After all, isn't this game all about the never ending?

Let us know what you decide on.

Happy hunting!

Wiz synergy only works on non fire spells? Did not know that, but I feel like I should have since he's been my main. Thanks for the info!

Think I may start with a chanter and maybe add the cleric. Hard to decide if I want to go right to 6 or work up since I am not familiar with the ENCH, CLR or Mage. I think it all comes down to how easy CWTN's plugins are to setup and operate. They seem rather simple from the vids, but things can sometimes be different when you begin installation and then setting them up.

Agreed the Druid is the odd man out here and unfortunately, the WIZ is grossly underpowered these days so I'm already starting gimp LOL.

The setup you currently have is definitely going the caster group route, but at least you got a real tank! So kudos for that!

In your setup since you got a druid, I would add a Sham, enchanter, and mage, or drop the druid and pickup another mage or necro. I know Druids have become a red-headed step child these days, but I enjoy their utility. However, one of their utilities are ports, and you got that covered with the wizard.

With that in mind, you could add another real dps. Also, I noticed you mentioned a zerk, the synergy of your group points to casters. The zerk wouldn't shine like he would if you had a more melee friendly setup. Sure he would gain some benefits, but not all of them.

However, at the end of the day, play what you enjoy. You can always swap characters and make new ones. After all, isn't this game all about the never ending?

Let us know what you decide on.

Happy hunting!
Yes, it sure is about never ending and I do tend to lean towards casters. The more I think about it, I definitely want a chanter and I like the idea of a mage or even necro. Don't you think the enchanter and shaman would be kind of like doubling up? Not to sure since I have not played either of them for any length of time.

How do you think the cleric fits into the bunch? Doing chanter, cleric, mage also seems to get most of the major buffs in one group. Shammy are great, but easier to get with my guild because we have several and a shammy bot in the ggh.

Yes, it sure is about never ending and I do tend to lean towards casters. The more I think about it, I definitely want a chanter and I like the idea of a mage or even necro. Don't you think the enchanter and shaman would be kind of like doubling up? Not to sure since I have not played either of them for any length of time.
Definitely not doubling up at all. The enchanter is your cc, and shaman is the main healer. You got the holy trinity setup Tank, heals, and cc. I would suggest adding a mage if you keep the druid. They're easier to pew pew overall, plus pet damage is like having another melee.

Definitely not doubling up at all. The enchanter is your cc, and shaman is the main healer. You got the holy trinity setup Tank, heals, and cc. I would suggest adding a mage if you keep the druid. They're easier to pew pew overall, plus pet damage is like having another melee.
Sounds like the end result will be the SK/WIZ/DRU/ENC/SHM/MAG from what I'm gathering here.

The only difficulty I think with this 6 box will be having to use AKA for the WIZ and DRU because there is no plugin for them (hint hint to our local geniuses =)). Those ini files can sure be a headache to update through the levels.

there is the KA library, also RGmercs and Xgen.. both of those latter, are pretty fire and forget (but not as easy to tweak to personal choice).
I have used the KA Library extensively and learned everything from scrolling this site. I have learned that those library files do not necessarily apply or function the way you may want them to, so knowing how to tweak them is very important. I just used one for my 115 DRU, but had to modify some of the DPS and heal spells to fit my group and also some of the conditions. I imagine most people tweak their groups to fit how they play and definitely for the content they are working. I realized that ini file for the DRU needs more customization for raiding when I took him into his first raid the other day. Now I feel I need 2 ini files LOL

Mage has served me well over the years. Being a group geared centered player, the mage pet tanks without issue on the T1 TOL nameds. Maybe habit, but I seem to be lost without COH for my box set.

Question - Box Group Round Out Question/Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back