• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Box character essentials what should I add?! (1 Viewer)

yamahaman

RedCents
217¢
Hello all!

well I had a question for the community on what kind of toons I should create on separate accounts before the whole double exp and free heroics thing goes away. My current group is sk/cleric/zerk/bard/bst/mage

I was wanting to create 2-3 more accounts to level to add to my box team, even on the sidelines. enchanters? Rogue? Monk? Shaman? Pally? Ranger? Just looking for some Insight, would I even need an enchanter outside of group since I have bard and beast?
Let me here some opinions!

Add two wizards and an enchanter...put them in thy group in place of bard bst and mage. Might have to calm the Bard Beast Mage down a bit to not out dps the new group until they level up. 2 wizzys and a chanter will really help you later once they are max everything when you want to do stuff that requires two groups, one with mercs!

Add two wizards and an enchanter...put them in thy group in place of bard bst and mage. Might have to calm the Bard Beast Mage down a bit to not out dps the new group until they level up. 2 wizzys and a chanter will really help you later once they are max everything when you want to do stuff that requires two groups, one with mercs!

I do have a wizard on mage account, and other chars on zerk account,... but let’s be real. I can’t replace the zerk ever

You will end up replacing your bard with a chanter if you dont end up creating another full group with the three you add (which I suspect you will eventually) They mez better and truth be told thats more important imo than the added dps the bard brings to the melee in the group. Now that I think about it, with that being said, you might want to consider leveling up another SK or warrior...if you are considering adding 3 more toons/accounts, it sounds like the beginning to another full group, and you will want another tank....just saying! :)

You will end up replacing your bard with a chanter if you dont end up creating another full group with the three you add (which I suspect you will eventually) They mez better and truth be told thats more important imo than the added dps the bard brings to the melee in the group. Now that I think about it, with that being said, you might want to consider leveling up another SK or warrior...if you are considering adding 3 more toons/accounts, it sounds like the beginning to another full group, and you will want another tank....just saying! :)

I do have another warrior on the zerk account, should I even bother leveling up another healer? Or will merc be fine? Also I dunno about replacing bard, that was my first toon when I started eq lmao and I feel he brings so much added dps to other classes and utility

That is what I did, you never know when you will need a rogue or necro for corpse retrieval. Or when you will want a mage for CoTH.
I think it is better to have the class and not use it than than to have to level it up.

That is what I did, you never know when you will need a rogue or necro for corpse retrieval. Or when you will want a mage for CoTH.
I think it is better to have the class and not use it than than to have to level it up.
This is true, and now they are only 10$ a heroic for the next day or 2, boxing them some levels ain’t nothing

If you have an SK, I'd go warrior. It's very different than knight class and gives you a pure mitigation tank. War's can run mitigation disc/abilities 24/7 so they excel at big pulls or named fights that go on a bit. War with dual wield or 2h an actually put out decent damage, though they have a much more limited selection of DPS-boosts compared to SK.

On my SK I'm keeping an eye my 3 defensive discs to make sure one is available for a big pull, on the warrior I never really worry about it. They really never run out of mitigation options. You lose the pulling finesse stuff like fd/snare, but the warrior can usually just tank the big pull.

Pal is very similar to SK, basicly a carbon copy of your SK discs but very different AA selection. Pally shines on undead, mine can sometimes do zerker level DPS, but overall I think you'd find them like leveling another SK. Fun to pair with a shammy, as you get cleric-style buffs and Focus buffs, two rezzers and two splash healers.

If you have an SK, I'd go warrior. It's very different than knight class and gives you a pure mitigation tank. War's can run mitigation disc/abilities 24/7 so they excel at big pulls or named fights that go on a bit. War with dual wield or 2h an actually put out decent damage, though they have a much more limited selection of DPS-boosts compared to SK.

On my SK I'm keeping an eye my 3 defensive discs to make sure one is available for a big pull, on the warrior I never really worry about it. They really never run out of mitigation options. You lose the pulling finesse stuff like fd/snare, but the warrior can usually just tank the big pull.

Pal is very similar to SK, basicly a carbon copy of your SK discs but very different AA selection. Pally shines on undead, mine can sometimes do zerker level DPS, but overall I think you'd find them like leveling another SK. Fun to pair with a shammy, as you get cleric-style buffs and Focus buffs, two rezzers and two splash healers.
Thank you for that eq I created a warrior,

I created a monk,ranger, warrior, have a rogue I was sitting on also. Wondering if I should create a couple backups. These heroics can be deleted later and made again right?

Question - Box character essentials what should I add?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back