• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Borderless Windowed Fix (2 Viewers)

boukyaku

RedCents
621¢
Hello All,

With the arrival of the recent patch 06/19/2024, the option to overlap Windows taskbar works again. This means you can offset fullscreen windowed mode to hide the title bar with the below settings for 1080 in eqclient.ini:

WindowedModeXOffset=-8
WindowedModeYOffset=-31

It may be different for 1440 but I can not test it.

Being unable to play in borderless windowed mode and having alt+enter as the only option was a little annoying when starting around a month ago. The client would minimize when tabbing out and quite a few problems would pop up. With this the game's become more enjoyable for me.

I tried searching for solutions before but found none other than configuring MQ to autologin with ISBoxer.

Hope this helps!

It worked beautifully for a month earlier this year. I can't remember which month but you could make the above adjustments, and top/sides would be just like fullscreen. The bottom edge would be a bit high, but when you went to adjust it, it would snap into place and was exactly like fullscreen mode but overlays and such would work. It was perfect (for me at least)!

But people complained about other stuff... not being able to do things like alt-tab... or not having the windows menu bar, etc. etc. so they broke it again.... and again... and again. Every patch this year has 'fixed' some issue with fullscreen/windowed modes and alt-tabbing etc. and broken something else.

It worked beautifully for a month earlier this year. I can't remember which month but you could make the above adjustments, and top/sides would be just like fullscreen. The bottom edge would be a bit high, but when you went to adjust it, it would snap into place and was exactly like fullscreen mode but overlays and such would work. It was perfect (for me at least)!

But people complained about other stuff... not being able to do things like alt-tab... or not having the windows menu bar, etc. etc. so they broke it again.... and again... and again. Every patch this year has 'fixed' some issue with fullscreen/windowed modes and alt-tabbing etc. and broken something else.
I think that sums it up nicely.
They've played with it so much lately...
For now I'm just sticking with a maximized window and losing some screen real estate to the extra bar.

Patch - Borderless Windowed Fix

Users who are viewing this thread

• X
Back