• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software Borderless Window + EQ (should work with any windows version) (1 Viewer)

morgium

RedCents
91¢
Hey,

i used to have WinEQ for that, but as you may have noticed, lax isnt updating it for 64 bit version and instead built the function into his new multiboxer tool, which requires a subscription.
then i kinda forgot about it, and today i found this
https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

and it works great if you configure it correctly, which i found to be a bit strange, so heres a quick runthrough:

after DL/installing you start it, get another tray icon on which a double click yields this window:
1669656179054.png

there you should be able to just right click a process on the left side, and start borderless mode.

1669656245853.png

But for me that didnt work well. Also i wanted to automatically enter borderless fullscreen whenever i start EQ, so i added the EQ windows to the Favourites.
Problem here is that, if you use the "default" window title that is set (like Character - Zone Name or something) the title changes regularly so you would have to choose something rather static. Im using KissAssist, and unfortunately KA doesnt give you a way to give your own window title (shouldnt be too hard to implement, maybe ill have a look tomorrow) but for now i changed
around line 14388:
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SUB: Set Window Title Buffs
    Sub WinTitle
        DEBUGN WinTitle Enter
        /SetWinTitle ${Me.Name} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Zone.ShortName})
        DEBUGN WinTitle Leave
    /return

to
INI:
| SUB: Set Window Title Buffs
    Sub WinTitle
        DEBUGN WinTitle Enter
        /SetWinTitle ${Me.Class.ShortName}
        DEBUGN WinTitle Leave
    /return

then added those to the favourites:
1669657350078.png

when you right click now, youll see this:
1669657438067.png

which sounds like what we want, but what happened for me is that EQ stayed in a weird WQHD-taskbarpixelheight - titlebarpixelheight resolution, which lead to strange behaviour because the mouse cursor wasnt drawn where it really was on the screen but a few pixels off.
You have to set the resolution of EQ to your Full Screen resolution, and then it works. It takes a few seconds to detect the windows, but then it justs goes borderless fullscreen, no strings attached.

Let me know if this worked for you, if youre interested.

see bottom line, hotkey is what you want.

i tried. could not get it to work. auto login was working(ish) but not the hot key function. likely user error but if I mess with it more I’ll probably turn all my gnomes into vah shir or something equally horrific.

Software Borderless Window + EQ (should work with any windows version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back