• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Blowing my mind (1 Viewer)

Cildye

RedCents
735¢
Evening All :)
I have been playing EQ for a long time and have only recently dabbled in boxing. I came across this website and feel very confident the best EQ experience is yet to come! Many of the experiences lost to full groups and raids are now available to my wife and I. The big challenge for tonight is deciding on group make-up and create accounts. Cheers!

-Cildye

Last edited:
I have been playing EQ for a long time and have only recently dabbled in boxing. I came across this website and feel very confident the best EQ experience is yet to come! Many of the experiences lost to full groups and raids are now available to my wife and I. The big challenge for tonight is deciding on group make-up and create accounts. Cheers!

-Cildye of Vox
Welcome to RedGuides!

It really is awesome being able to have your own group. I love that you can choose to actively play whichever role you are in the mood for that day. Feel like pulling? Manual the bard! Feel like healing? Manual the cleric (does anyone actually do this?) Feel like tanking? Manual the SK! Feel like hurting your wrists? Manual the zerker!

It's awesome to be able to explore the game at our own pace. Plus it scratches that nerdy programming itch at the same time haha

Welcome to the community!

My absolute favorite part is being able to do things on your own, on your own time and there is less pressure.

-Cildye of Vox
Welcome

I have my main account which has a 111 paladin, 102 mage, and a 62 warrior. I have a ftp 80 zerk and bard. I am thinking of starting from ground zero so I can learn multibox as I go. The wife has a beastlord and druid we can sub in anytime. I am more interested in balance than a 5 zerk or 5 ranger combo. This is going to take some consideration. Thanks for the warm welcome!

-Cildye

Last edited:

The fun has just begun for you.

I finally had time to set up a 6 box group and get my initial session going last night. Thanks for posting many youtube videos! I am not code-savvy, and they are easy to find. Thanks again!

-Cildye

Last edited:
I finally had time to set up a 6 box group and get my initial session going last night. Thanks for posting many youtube videos! I am not code-savvy, and they are easy to find. Thanks again!

-Cildye of Vox

Have a great time! Just be careful and turn things off if you have to go AFK and keep an eye on the local Say channel as GM's might pop in to see if you are afk or not.

Solid advice! There is much to learn. Earlier @eqplayer16 mentioned swapping between classes for fun. I never would have thought of that.

-Cildye

Last edited:

-Cildye

I feel the same. I am not or probably ever will be code savvy, but with this community you honestly don’t have to be. One thing I love about Sic’s vids. is that he often highlights his macros to easy copying and using for yourself making the transition easy peasy. Just don’t be afraid to ask questions since the people make this site what it is.

Morning folks - wanted to give a shoutout to the Redguides community. My group is nearing level 50 and I am loving this experience. EQ on a whole different level :) Awesome!

War, Clr, Ench (holy trinity of long ago) Rogue, Mage, Druid. Initial impressions - I like the druid for augmentation, mage for versatility. Once I hit 80 I will swap out Bard and Zerk just for fun. Many run Sk's and Shaman but that is not me at the moment. My wife has shown significant interest in joining all this, so we may end up with a 12-box squad

Last edited:
1 month today. I have tweaked my group for the moment. I brought in my 111 Pally to push everyone over the 85 hump. Right now most are 95 and I have been able to accomplish a few DH HA's and have worked some initial TBM missions. Crazy how much more enjoyable EQ is when a group is full and able to shred things. I have been watching Sic's youtube vids for quality of life and other goodies, they are pretty awesome :)

War, Clr, Ench (holy trinity of long ago) Rogue, Mage, Druid. Initial impressions - I like the druid for augmentation, mage for versatility. Once I hit 80 I will swap out Bard and Zerk just for fun. Many run Sk's and Shaman but that is not me at the moment. My wife has shown significant interest in joining all this, so we may end up with a 12-box squad
I tried the SK/BSR/Shaman approach, pretty punchy...expensive to maintain...stick with Tank, Enc, Cleric...gear your healer and enc with non-prestige and cap their aa's and you'll have a solid team requiring only one sub for life.

Fun note: saw someone boxing 5 sk's and a shaman in fm making a bot farming team...lol fun to watch with popcorn, pretty sure they were running mq2eskay too

I have already noticed how expensive gearing everyone has become. I haven't even addressed subbing multiple accts, and I probably won't. Hardcore Heritage is just around the corner and I hope to get some loot through those channels for free.

I have already noticed how expensive gearing everyone has become. I haven't even addressed subbing multiple accts, and I probably won't. Hardcore Heritage is just around the corner and I hope to get some loot through those channels for free.
once you get your toons to 110, the tov t1 f2p gear is pretty easy to come by, and it is very solid gear, and since its 110 and not-prestige, you can use it on your f2p toons

Awesome! Thanks for the advice :) In my mind 105 is still level cap for f2p. I think some of my main acct alts have snowbound gear sitting in the bank. Is it realistic to level to 110 in mid 70s gear for my alts?

Awesome! Thanks for the advice :) In my mind 105 is still level cap for f2p. I think some of my main acct alts have snowbound gear sitting in the bank. Is it realistic to level to 110 in mid 70s gear for my alts?
well, once you hit 70/75 or w/e you can cheaply get some of that TBM gear, which you can upgrade with currency if you need to. I would focus on the tank, and then go from there - definitely at least weapons for melee toon etc, but other than that can kind of just slide by depending on your tank, goalds, and resources avaialble to help you get through

IRL - Blowing my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back