• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Blood Elf Pallies (1 Viewer)

BlackObsidian

RedCents
Is there any particular reason that 80% of the n00b Blood Elves last night were Pallies while I was levelling my Priest?

Did I miss something major?

Doh.... whatever the reason is, it will prolly explain why all the Draeni Shaman were polluting the Island.

The only thing I can think of is a pure "I'm gonna be the first 70 Blood Elf" (thus using a fast levelling class) or some kind of combo with Pally Talents/Skills and one of these:-

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_Elf#Racial_abilities

Mana Tap
Activate to drain 50 mana from your target and charge yourself with arcane energy for 10 min. This effect stacks up to 3 times. 30 second cooldown. Scales with level.

Arcane Torrent
Activate to silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. In addition, you gain 10 Energy / 12 Mana for every charge of Mana Tap currently affecting you. Scales with level.
(Given values indicative of a level 1 character. At level 70, Arcane Torrent gives 161 Mana for each charge. Energy amounts do not scale with level.)

Arcane Affinity
10 point skill bonus to Enchanting (note, this also raises the cap by 10 at each level of enchanting).

Magic Resistance
Increase all Resistances by 5.

Last edited:
Blood Elves look great, seem to be great for magic-based classes and even have specific Priest boosts:-

Blood elf priests also receive the racial ability Consume Magic.

Consume Magic
Dispels one beneficial Magic effect from the caster and gives them 120 to 154 mana. (453 to 488 mana at level 70) - instant cast, two minutes cooldown.

Blood elf Priests will also gain the ability, Touch of Weakness. The same one as Undead receive.

Touch of Weakness
Touch of Weakness is a buff that the Priest can cast upon him or herself. It lasts for ten minutes and has only one charge, and once cast, will cause shadow damage to the melee damage inflicter, and affects that target with a debuff that reduces their damage done by a constant amount. The amount of damage done and damage reduced increases with levels.

its either that or a constant annoying supply of people in hellfire penninsula

but first i have to get the expansion *grr*

Most people would have gone out to buy it on release day (or have their pre-order delivered on release day!) and would have upgraded now, however at 23:05 on the evening before, directly after the opening there were only about 20 and between 15 and 18 of em were pallies.

something funny. got 3 friends doing power leveling for shamans 1~70 and they promised to get spots in best guild on server if they do it in 15days.. lol

OK, I have rolled a BloodElf. Make that FIVE BE's. With their racials, why would anyone roll anything else? I certainly won't.

My warlock, at lvl 7, took on a lvl 9 mob who was joined by a lvl 10. With the racial boost, I survived, thank you very much! I don't play warlock very much, so it was NOT due to my consummate skill in the class.

I am deleting several of my old toons to make room for the new BE's in the family.

btw, has anyone heard the BE Fem jokes, I am still chuckling.

Oh, and on a brand new server, there were more Draeni Shaemi in the forest last night than you can usually find people in IF near the bank.

I *may* have fathomed an answer...

Paladin Starting Stats:-

Race | Str | Agi | Sta | Int | Spi | Arm | HP | Mana
Human | 22 | 20 | 22 | 20 | 22 | 42 | 58 | 80
Dwarf | 24 | 16 | 25 | 19 | 20 | 34 | 88 | 79
Blood Elf | 19 | 22 | 20 | 24 | 20 | 48 | 38 | 140
Draenei | 23 | 17 | 21 | 21 | 23 | 36 | 48 | 95

Ah and as a comparison for those not knowing what stats each BE class gets:-

Class | Str | Agi | Sta | Int | Spi | Arm | HP | Mana
Hunter | 17 | 25 | 19 | 24 | 20 | 54 | 45 | 145
Mage | 17 | 22 | 18 | 27 | 21 | 49 | 50 | 225
Paladin | 19 | 22 | 20 | 24 | 20 | 48 | 38 | 140
Priest | 17 | 22 | 18 | 26 | 22 | 49 | 50 | 220
Rogue | 18 | 25 | 19 | 24 | 19 | 54 | 100
Warlock | 17 | 22 | 19 | 26 | 21 | 49 | 42 | 197

Last edited:
They probably all rolled a pally or shaman, because they are they only class on that alliance, and they are new.
A shaman on alliance? You've only seen them on horde, they all want to play a horde,
class on alliance?

I rolled a BE paladin because horde didnt have paladins before and I have always wanted one. I never could stand alliance quests.

I've been noticing the same on my server. Loads of BE pals. I rolled a BE warlock. I did an RFC run yesterday and coincidentally we were all BE's. I was the lowest level at 16 and the only Warlock, but it seemed I was always one of the last to get killed when things when fubar. The only prob is that I'm not sure how to spec. This is only my second character ever but "I'm liking the Locky."

Honestly i think its because of BGs, have you ever tried to kill a pally in WSG thats capping the flag? annoying as hell ! most horde just want to pay them back aka reason for all the pallys !

Blood Elf Pallies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back