• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Problem - Bit Defender (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I saw the other posts about bitdefender and followed the instructions to adding the exceptions, but when i actually launch EQ it suddenly has an issue with the files and "disinfects" (see makes them useless) them even though its added as an exception. anyone have insight into this?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I had to add EVERY exe to the safe list, one by one. also forgot to add, that i had to whitelist eq in the firewall cause it decided to block it after i whitelisted everything else. so keep an eye on that.

Last edited:
You can add the folder, but BitDefender doesn't allow subfolders, so you have to add each exact folder. Similarly, if you're adding exes you have to add the exes individually.

Good on you for the edit when you found the answer.

Jumper

I agree with pasthinl above, I completely removed it from my PC. I used to swear by it and they did what all company's that get too big do. They decided to mess with their users at every opportunity they got. It got to the point where I had to add every damn exe in a program just to work around their restrictions. And here is the kicker, I was PAYING for that privilege. I tell you true, when that realization hit home (light bulb moment), I immediately started to do some research, I found out that MS Defender is good enough to replace BD AND I can play all my games again without white listing anything. Now I am not a big MS fanboy, believe me, but in this case it worked and has worked fine since I made the change last summer. We do what we gotta do lol.

Vrak

Problem - Bit Defender

Users who are viewing this thread

Back