• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Biggest Nerf Stick Pounding (1 Viewer)

Ranger Headshot nerf was significant enough to make people stop playing Rangers. Mage BEAM nerf was done for similar reasons - but Mages were still a good class. I think even the Mages would say the beam mechanics were OP. But the poor Rangers get my vote.

The worst nerf ever was Manastone though. It was powerful..sure but was it over the top? I dont think so. I dunno how many times I Manastone'd myself to death. Why would you nerf that?

Ranger Headshot nerf was significant enough to make people stop playing Rangers. Mage BEAM nerf was done for similar reasons - but Mages were still a good class. I think even the Mages would say the beam mechanics were OP. But the poor Rangers get my vote.

The worst nerf ever was Manastone though. It was powerful..sure but was it over the top? I dont think so. I dunno how many times I Manastone'd myself to death. Why would you nerf that?
Nothing like beating yourself in the head with a magic stone until you....died :xd:

I would say mage beam spell nerf broke it off in my ass... that spell was amazing for farming tradeskill stuff in older zones- pull half the zone one or two beams and fill your bags

I would say mage beam spell nerf broke it off in my ass... that spell was amazing for farming tradeskill stuff in older zones- pull half the zone one or two beams and fill your bags
I am wondering if they will ever notice the ToL Druid AE spells don't have a target limit. It is amazing for farming or doing hunters. I was pulling Plane of Fire in 2 or 3 pulls and 1 cast takes out the entire swarm.

The SK mortal coil/riposte nerf that killed swarm kiting was pretty brutal. Although it makes sense...

This is a tough one. The bard nerf was harsh - but honestly needed as bards would destroy zones all by themselves ( I was one of them). The headshot nerf was crucial to rangers - I feel that this one may need to get reworked to make it more viable. Then of course in more modern times it was the swarm kiting tactics - sk with mortal coil and even clerics with the reverse DS thing.

But Im going to have to go with halflings not having experience bonuses anymore. We need more hobbits in our lives!

1660741829202.png

Weird that nobody mentioned Necros.

There is a reason why a group of Necro's is called OP.

But to stay on the track.. biggest nerf I felt now recently was that the Golems in the mission ''Seeking the Sorc, ToV'' is no longer undead constructs.

@krause I agree! Hands down it has to be bard aoe. The made bank and maxed out aa's in short order.
I saw my twin doing something weird. He was running backward while turning. To me, he was doing a whole lot of nothing. When the bodies started to appear i was dumb stuck. He started using slash commands while talking about the new abilities. (i remember seeing some aa info, but not an aa window) 20+years he sold that account to buy engagement ring.

Not a nerf but I remember SOE losing tons of people to the Test wipe of 2001 (?). They messed up and regular mobs were dropping named loot so SolB, Permafrost, and Kedge were so full of people. When they caught wind of what happened, they brought test down and the next thing there was a message from McQuaid saying they were wiping the server. Fun times! :)

Not a nerf but I remember SOE losing tons of people to the Test wipe of 2001 (?). They messed up and regular mobs were dropping named loot so SolB, Permafrost, and Kedge were so full of people. When they caught wind of what happened, they brought test down and the next thing there was a message from McQuaid saying they were wiping the server. Fun times! :)
Oh dude, I think I remember that!

Weird that nobody mentioned Necros.
I remember saying once that EVERY patch had a necro nerf - every one. Then we had an emergency downtime - the update notes were 'Fixed a server crash bug.' and 'Nerfed effect necro pets gained from being handed weapons.' I got on just laughing at that one - 'Quick, the server's are crashing, fix it, ....wait.....do we have a necro nerf we can throw in too? The patch can wait if we don't.'

I remember the Manastone nerf was big and also rangers getting a big damage output nerf on headshot. Other than that, I always felt that my paladin was underpowered despite having some cool weapons.

Also I was salty back in 1999 when they nerfed the trumpy tonic quest turn in.

I would have to say Wizard they got hammered hard with the manaburn nerf and then they just left them there and never really tried to give them back and dps worth anything and in truth they should be the highest Dps on short to med length fights.
Second would be SKs with the swarm kiting hit they took.

My youth was nerfed pretty hard over the last 20 years. Probably the most disappointing and hard hitting one I can think of.

Oh and mod rods not being able to be used at level 1 anymore. Best part of being a mage was handing then out in Kelethin or Freeport to new players.

Before Rangers nerfs,
They could do real Head shots (HS), do more than 100% of the mob HP.
Every arrows or spell arrows (4 x arrows/cast) could do HS thats one HS every 3-5 arrows.I let you imagine there DPS at this time with a 17 delay bow and a range of 400 paces.
Now they only can do 2-5 HS per MINUTES !

The charme XP nerf make me leave my chanter at level 80, she can solo raid boss's.

Bards got AE song, so what ever you pull, they die.

Mage stay insane too.

Oh and mod rods not being able to be used at level 1 anymore. Best part of being a mage was handing then out in Kelethin or Freeport to new players.
Mod rods look just like Fighting Batons. If you ever played a monk you know that was a nice, early Kunark weapon. I have to admit I was given them and killed a few times by the rods......

I'm surprised the mage mod rod nerf and the necro epic nerf didn't make the list.
The necro epic nerf looking back was a good move. I only mained a necro back in HoT, but even then it was lame having such a low stat item required in your main hand. With the stat bloat now it would be way more noticeable, also it didn't stop Necros from being top of parses.

Question - Biggest Nerf Stick Pounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back