• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Beta Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
500¢
I know that during BETA there are updates daily, which causes issues with versions being out of sync. For you BETA players who utilize RG, do you have any pro tips on how to ensure your EQ version matches RG in order to ensure everything is working in BETA?

Last BETA it was hit and miss, understandably so, due to the frequency of updates. I think I remember them being out of sync more often than not. Not a criticism, just want to be proactive to ensure i'm squared away for the upcoming dev raids.

Solution
I know that during BETA there are updates daily, which causes issues with versions being out of sync. For you BETA players who utilize RG, do you have any pro tips on how to ensure your EQ version matches RG in order to ensure everything is working in BETA?

Last BETA it was hit and miss, understandably so, due to the frequency of updates. I think I remember them being out of sync more often than not. Not a criticism, just want to be proactive to ensure i'm squared away for the upcoming dev raids.
well beta typically rebuilds every day.

MQ is very unlikely to be rebuilt every day

so it isn't possible to keep them matching if MQ isn't rebuilt

Brainiac does patches, and we can show our appreciation below

The MacroQuest...

well beta typically rebuilds every day.

MQ is very unlikely to be rebuilt every day

so it isn't possible to keep them matching if MQ isn't rebuilt

Brainiac does patches, and we can show our appreciation below

The MacroQuest scene has two standout developers who have requested tips from RedGuides users: @brainiac and @dannuic

To keep our favorite software modernized and updated, please consider contributing.

brainiac's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/donate-to-mq2-dev-brainiac.71209/

dannuic's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/tip-the-mq2-dev-dannuic.75656/

Thank you!

Solution
I understand, and I hope my inquiry wasn't received as a lack of appreciation. I am sure the daily builds is a PITA!

I just wasn't sure if there was a method to circumvent the updates MQ functions.

Thanks for the donation reminder. I'll contribute.

I understand, and I hope my inquiry wasn't received as a lack of appreciation. I am sure the daily builds is a PITA!

I just wasn't sure if there was a method to circumvent the updates MQ functions.

Thanks for the donation reminder. I'll contribute.
Nope I didn't read it that way, and my response wasn't to imply that either.

Any time EQ rebuilds, MQ has to be redone to match, unfortunately

I always unload my CWTN plugin automation when I raid and play my toon manually. Something I've always done. I do however use /melee to spam agro keys. Allows me to focus more on what is goin on around me rather than paying attn to making sure certain buttons are constantly smashed. This is also only on when I'm tanking, otherwise all automation is off 100%.

Good point though on the dev raids. I will not have anything loaded on dev raids, but would be nice to have while we are learning the new content on non-dev nights.

The MacroQuest scene has two standout developers who have requested tips from RedGuides users: @brainiac and @dannuic

To keep our favorite software modernized and updated, please consider contributing.

brainiac's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/donate-to-mq2-dev-brainiac.71209/

dannuic's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/tip-the-mq2-dev-dannuic.75656/

Thank you!
I can't say this enough... TIP YOUR DEV$... even $5 adds up if everyone were to contribute... we all enjoy RG, if you chat enough, you can use it pretty much FREE; therefore, $HOW your appreciation with a more appreciable form of appreciation and don't be cheap! If the Devs didn't take the time to do this, we'd be playing another game 'cause for most of us the ONLY reason we stay and play EQ is for the boxing component of it... otherwise, there are PLENTY of other games out there that suit solo/casual play better!

Just my two [red] cents.

Question - Beta Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back