• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best Way to Move Large Groups (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,317¢
For all of you raiders and multi groupers out there (2+ groups), what is the easiest way to move all of those characters through crowded zones like PoK without catching dozens of petitions in the meantime? I usually move one character at a time. It's very time consuming though. I would love to hear other strategies.

Yeah, sure. I get that. But what about when you need to go to the bazaar for instance? Campfires are a one way show. Are do you mean that you just keep running to each place with 3 characters, and drop new fires? Also, it works if you only have 12. What about when you have say, 50+ toons?

I've never seen an situation where i need to go somewhere with 50+ toons.

The only place would be guild lobby when doing CR after a complete wipe and for some reason instance is borked and cant rez.
Even then i'd be more inclined to do a mass expedient recovery in the guild hall.

Use Teleport guildHall to get folks back to guildhall from an instance, and try to avoid 50+ toons in public.

I've never seen an situation where i need to go somewhere with 50+ toons.

The only place would be guild lobby when doing CR after a complete wipe and for some reason instance is borked and cant rez.
Even then i'd be more inclined to do a mass expedient recovery in the guild hall.

Use Teleport guildHall to get folks back to guildhall from an instance, and try to avoid 50+ toons in public.
That explains why I have never seen a mass movement of characters like that. Probably because they do this. Thanks for the explanation. BTW, when it comes time to outfit 50+ toons with gear. Is that like an all day affair doing one at a time in the bazaar?

Nah dude…load up one toon, bring your grocery list to bazaar then parcel out each build after you buy
I see this as almost a wash for time. The only difference between running one character around for multiple characters items, is that it's one character. Only time saved is not taking each character to bazaar to buy their own stuff. And it's arguable that if taking each character instead of one, you then can equip as you go? :shrug:

I do see your method though. Never really thought of doing it. I will have to try it out and see

Campfires, port to bind classes (dru/wiz) and banners for mass movement. sending one toon shopping and distribute gear through parcel or turn auto accept on for trades and that took and distribute. I’ve also created mules for holding specific items (stat food, stat drink, powersources, proc potions, poisons, feed me food and drink, cute pots, etc) and matching request and distribution macros to expedite resupplying the army (this can be an hours long process otherwise). Making up gear is time consuming no matter how you cut it. I tend to let it build up from a full clear and then have a making party. I use the guild bank to store stacks of emblems, reagents for gear making and also storing a variety of each container I may need/want for gear making I can restock as needed. I use spreadsheets heavily from tracking gear dispensed and also when it’s made and augs moved in same sheet to achievements finished to augs to even what storage toons are on what accounts and what types of stuff they store (so I can access this data from anywhere).

My best advice is find a system that works for you and implement it fully. What works for one person may not for another.

Last edited:
I completely agree with @Eltai86 on this.
I use a number of multi-tabbed spreadsheets to keep track of everything on all my toons that matter to me. My process has been refined over time and honestly can say it has helped me a lot in getting a lot more done a lot faster now that I have less and less time to play these days. I don't want to discuss exact numbers but I have been able to do a lot of stuff in game that most would not care to try as it's boring and time consuming, though, I'm able to do them mindlessly on the side while working on schoolwork actively. =)

Abusing all kinds of ports from porting tunes and items you can acquire is what I do mostly for moving my toons. CF (unfortunately limited to 12) is my go-to a lot of times after Wizzy port to bind with a group. I generally operate on hours when the server population is low on purpose too.

~TheFiddler~

I completely agree with @Eltai86 on this.
I use a number of multi-tabbed spreadsheets to keep track of everything on all my toons that matter to me. My process has been refined over time and honestly can say it has helped me a lot in getting a lot more done a lot faster now that I have less and less time to play these days. I don't want to discuss exact numbers but I have been able to do a lot of stuff in game that most would not care to try as it's boring and time consuming, though, I'm able to do them mindlessly on the side while working on schoolwork actively. =)

Abusing all kinds of ports from porting tunes and items you can acquire is what I do mostly for moving my toons. CF (unfortunately limited to 12) is my go-to a lot of times after Wizzy port to bind with a group. I generally operate on hours when the server population is low on purpose too.

~TheFiddler~
I have been thinking about making spreadsheets to help keep track as well . Would you mind sending me a couple of yours?

I have been thinking about making spreadsheets to help keep track as well . Would you mind sending me a couple of yours?
My biggest advice is develop what works for you. While it may seem like it would save time developing the system that works for how your brain works will be different from how someone else’s brain works etc. I’ll give you an idea of how my gear/Aug sheets are laid out though. I have individual characters as rows, columns for each gear slot. I then use colors to designate gear tier/expansion for the gear piece or for augments the expansion they are from. When the gear piece is made, equipped and Augd I put a 1 in the box. When I distribute a new piece of gear to a toon i change the color code to what the new piece is and delete the 1. For type 7 augment tracking I’ve got toon names as rows and Aug names as columns, colored green when the character gets the Aug and put a 1 in when it’s equipped.

Get yourself some anchors on all your characters. Can use loyalty tokens.
Put an Anchor in the guild hall for each of your characters. Will end up looking like a corner of caltrops.
Then /plugin mq2relocate

/bcaa //relocate anchor

Send runners to pok for supplies as needed. Pretty much only travel using anchors and guild hall teleports. I move 1 group at a time through pok max.

"If you need to move your toons, it means they're in the wrong place (probably with full bags). Just delete them and make new ones in the right place" - Knightly, probably

Question - Best Way to Move Large Groups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back