• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - BEST DPS with 5? (1 Viewer)

tduclos88

RedCents
25¢
I currently run SK, BRD, BST, CLR , 2xZERK. I dont have a buff squad so im limited to my bst and clr buffs. Ive been thinking of switching zerkers our for mag and enc but am worried i will lose a bunch of dps. If i switch should i switch the bard out as well?? sorry to answer your question with a question but this seemed a good place to start lol

I'm looking for any suggestions and what you all think is the best 5 man set up for DPS. I say 5 because I'm looking to be able to PL alts at some point so I'd like the best dps I can get going with 5 toons. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

I'm looking for any suggestions and what you all think is the best 5 man set up for DPS. I say 5 because I'm looking to be able to PL alts at some point so I'd like the best dps I can get going with 5 toons. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!
there are dozens of threads on this.

much depends on your content, goals, and effort you want to put in.

shd/shm/brd/rog/rog/bst is pretty insane if you're doing humanoids.

I still rock ber/ber/bst in my main crew

mages are very strong right now as well

shd/shm/bard/mag/mag/bst or nec is top notch (can use enc)

as long as you do the "holy trinity" tank, healer, CC/util - you'll be alright.

Shammies don't really come into their own for solo healing until after 100ish, and they do require extra effort to shine - bp, epic, rez stick, tank being gear/aug'd

almost all of my PL groups i want the "most constant action with as little downtime as possible"

rogues/zerkers fit that nicely

i usually drop 1 zerk/rogue and put the PL in that spot

the bst/shm(clr)/brd/tank can go forever with minimal stopping.

Paladin is super underrated for PL tank too - they have rez :p

thanks sic. appreciate how quick you are to help everyone.

i'll stop being lazy and look through the fourms before i go posting questions id most likely find the answer to somewhere in a thread lol.

thanks sic. appreciate how quick you are to help everyone.

i'll stop being lazy and look through the fourms before i go posting questions id most likely find the answer to somewhere in a thread lol.
it was less of a "learn to read" and more of a "questions that are asked multiple times a day eventually end up with answer-fatigue and you might end up thinking that you get a lackluster response because of it" - just so we're on the same page.

but sounds like you're in the right direction

I currently run SK, BRD, BST, CLR , 2xZERK. I dont have a buff squad so im limited to my bst and clr buffs. Ive been thinking of switching zerkers our for mag and enc but am worried i will lose a bunch of dps. If i switch should i switch the bard out as well?? sorry to answer your question with a question but this seemed a good place to start lol

It’s pretty difficult to top Sic’s response, but like he said this question pops up once every few weeks. I think I might have been guilty as well 3 months ago. :)

With all that said, I would offer that EQ has evolved to a point where many different combinations of classes are fun, enjoyable, and “work” as you progress through various tiers of content.

Again, with all that now said, I would offer the following generic blueprint / template:

1) Tank
2) Crowd Control
3) Healer
4) DPS
5) DPS
6) Utility / aDPS

If you keep those roles in mind when forming your team, I honestly believe you can’t go wrong. Now I know some might say if you use class X you should pair it with class Y to maximize this or that, but when the day is done always remember the Golden Rule - “Maximize your fun and enjoyment while playing EQ.”

Be well. Happy group forming.

p.s. Be warned my brothers and sisters, my mid-day cup of pumpkin spice coffee is kicking in. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :)

Edit:

Forgot to mention, real tank > merc and real healer > merc.

Last edited:
Seems like a fun group, I have the makings with alts and may take it for a spin. May trade in and out Bard/Enchanter as a test although I am sure they are both good.
I did trade out ENCH for the bard a few times, but with the combat of the songs for the pets, seemed to help more. But hey, they both worked well. ENCH is a safer bet with mezes and all. I usually drove with the bard or ench for reference fyi.

1 bard, 1 cleric and... 4 mages on alliances, they can kill almost everythings.
The modern "mana burn group", but with Air pets for the stuns.

🎸👨‍⚕️
🧙‍♂️
🧙‍♂️
🧙‍♂️
🧙‍♂️

So I have ran a few different groups set ups I have dropped the Cleric for a Shaman due to the power of the SK epic and Shm epic power together. Dropped 1 zerker for a monk and so far at 115 monk and zerker are same lvl same aa's zerker little better gear but my monk is #1 on parse every fight by at least 8% to 20% more dps something different to think about running team right the min is SK/Shm/Brd/Zerker/Monk/and power lvling Druid to test out but use a Bst other wise

Question - BEST DPS with 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back