• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best DPS class? (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
I've seen that it's generally said that zerks out-dps pretty much everyone most of the time. I have several myself that do pretty well for me, some are gold and some silver. The gold certainly stands pretty far ahead of the silver ones almost always, which is no surprise.

Now, I use CWTN's plugins MQberzerker and MQ2rogue. I've noticed that my one and only rogue, a silver account, regularly matches and commonly exceeds the DPS of any of my zerkers. The craziest part is, the gold zerks are fully augged with full velium enhanced gear, and have full jasper infused augs, while my rogue is full T1 with zero augs at all. Not even a damage aug in his weapons yet. None of them have 2.0.

Is anyone else seeing anything similar? I find myself wondering if I need to make more rogues. I plan on subbing the rogue this month and giving him gear to match the gold zerks to see what if it makes a big difference. If he's always winning dps at that point, I guess I'll be replacing those zerks.

For starters would need to get an idea of your DPS output for each of the classes, silver and non-silver variations you have.

If your rogue is doing 100k DPS and out DPSing your BerZerkers then something is amiss. Because berzerkers should be doing far more DPS.

When you say that the rogue does more DPS, are we talking during a burn, or during normal combat.

Do some common settings differ from the rogue to the berzerker. Such as burnalways being on for rogue, but off for the zerker.

This has many aspects to it. Gear, weapons, stats, abilities being used and so on. I have three rogues geared similar and using the same ini file for all three. Also, have 2 berserkers. They rogues average different dps per fight depending on what abilities and aa they used during the fight. The dps average from 50k on the low end up to 130k as more abilities and aa are used during that fight. The berserkers geared in the same gear as the rogues average 50k on the low end but have done up to 180k on the higher end. On the average Berzerker will hands down out damage the rogue with everything equal and set up the same at any given time. With that being said I haven't noticed too much of a difference running gold and silver other than the fact you cant equip prestige or advance the aa.

For starters would need to get an idea of your DPS output for each of the classes, silver and non-silver variations you have.

If your rogue is doing 100k DPS and out DPSing your BerZerkers then something is amiss. Because berzerkers should be doing far more DPS.

When you say that the rogue does more DPS, are we talking during a burn, or during normal combat.

Do some common settings differ from the rogue to the berzerker. Such as burnalways being on for rogue, but off for the zerker.
None have burnalways on. Named or trash doesn't matter, it happens in both cases. My zerks do decent damage, so I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised at how well the rogue does in comparison. I have a team in ST to level my alts, and also a group of 5 tossing in some lower dps. There are a total of 5 zerks, and I have them all set to use alliance. My 2 gold zerks do anywhere from 175k when they're slacking off, to 600k when they're mad as hell at...something. The range is pretty much the same with the rogue, and he doesn't have the benefit of alliance like the zerks do.
I occasionally have 3 zerks in the same group with the rogue (using an outside healer) and it's rare the rogue isn't top 2 dps.
Also, I don't mean this to be a knock at all on your plugins, I like them and am very happy with them. I feel it's some of the best money I've spent. I love that my rogue does that kind of dps, it just seemed odd with the gear discrepancy.

This has many aspects to it. Gear, weapons, stats, abilities being used and so on. I have three rogues geared similar and using the same ini file for all three. Also, have 2 berserkers. They rogues average different dps per fight depending on what abilities and aa they used during the fight. The dps average from 50k on the low end up to 130k as more abilities and aa are used during that fight. The berserkers geared in the same gear as the rogues average 50k on the low end but have done up to 180k on the higher end. On the average Berzerker will hands down out damage the rogue with everything equal and set up the same at any given time. With that being said I haven't noticed too much of a difference running gold and silver other than the fact you cant equip prestige or advance the aa.
I have 3 silver zerks, with virtually identical gear as the rogue, all of which also have max aa just like the rogue does, but they can't even come close to matching the rogues dps. I'm lucky to get 150k out of those 3.

Seems strange your rogue is beating the geared zerkers. Takes 3 zerkers aleast to trigger alliance, rogues just need toons to use spiders bite to trigger, also backstab for rogues does boost thier dps on dark blue or lower. Got all your spells and dich/diss for zerkes?

Your silvers do 150k and your golds do 175-600k ? Are they geared the same?
The golds are all in T3 and the silvers T1 all TOV. The silvers have identical gear with each other, and the same with the golds. All are max AA. The T3 have augs, T1 have zero augs so far.
As an example, since hDex is the big stat for all of them, the 3 silver and the rogue are all within 10 hdex of each other. Their gear really is pretty identical.

Rouge > zerker sustained, zerker > everything for the 30 seconds mangling is up.

my 2 cents.

In group play my rouge always out performs my zerker. on humanoid mobs <= level 119, there is no comparison at all. he hits 2-3M dps often due to anatomy procs. Ive seen him hit 6M. on non humanoids he still wins. on raid he hit 1.9 on Zland. but he is raid geared.

Now for the eye opener.

Months ago I setup in GD and automated group containing a bard.

Let em run for 4+ hours.

Loaded the last 6 hours in gamparse and grouped by player.

Rogue won sustained over 4+ hours in group play. Same tank, same mobs, same buffs, same AA, same gear. Same latency, same food and drink, best group gear in every slot, max AA on both, and almost identical augments.

And frankly the plugins play them extremely well.

Of course this is sustained vs burst, but most raid events don't end in a minute like zland does.

I am going to raid gear my zerker too to "see" but if the rogue won when they in same group gear, i don't see why upping the gear would change that.

I am actually theorizing that a rogue gains "some" real damage because his weapon speed is faster, and so he engages faster.

People say "SDSD is the correct way to compare". He wins that too, don't get he wrong, but if toons with faster weapons get a couple extra hits in before a slower weapon hits, it is conceivable that they are getting a longer engage time, ie a slight boost to the actual damage over time than the ratio would imply. Not just at the start of the fight, but also potentially at the end.

Anyhow sorry to ramble. But yea my rogue does better also.

Question - Best DPS class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back