• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Berserkers? -- Experienced Input Anyone? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
In the entire time I have played this game, I have literally never tried the Berserker class. For some reason the impression I get from them doesn't seem completely appealing. But I can't but help that I am missing something important about the class. It feels like they are all DPS, and more squishy than a pure caster. Is this the case? I would love if someone with top level Berserker experience can chime in about this. I wanted to try something that involved a Berserker and a Ranger (I played a Ranger briefly a very long time ago). But not sure I even want to spend the time playing before I get some input from someone experienced with this class. Thanks guys!

MQ2berzerker = all you need to know..

They need some ADPS to be peak, reliant on wep and hdex to also get the best bang. recently had *fix* (nerf), still a top performer, just not the wtf OP from 6 months ago. total AA count is low, and with tools, one of the best value classes.

Good dps class for a group. Take a lot of gear to get to good dps. Still prefer mages for army building. Easier to build, comparable dps for group content
not really - they are one of the most straight forward to gear AND very low on max AA needed

1 weapon, arms, legs, stack hdex (arms, legs, hdex you would on any melee)

compared to classes that need 2 weapons (rogue) or 3 (beastlord) or 2/3+ depending on 1h/2h +bow for ranger

bst/mag/nec ou need a good pet ear

etc

not really - they are one of the most straight forward to gear AND very low on max AA needed

compared to classes that need 2 weapons (rogue) or 3 (beastlord) or 2/3+ depending on 1h/2h +bow for ranger

etc
Also gloves its not a huge increase but it is an increase.

Zerker aura is only useful for non burning melee (most melee crit damage increase AA/disc do not stack anymore) so aura will not stack with it. Cry Carnage is good for others also.

I've found adding a zerker to a rog/bst group will increase dps of that group over just adding another rogue (unless you're fighting humanoid targets) from the aura/crit increase the zerker gives the group.

etc
Meh…good pet ears are easy to farm in GD. But i dont disagree. Compared to other melee dps they’re not bad. I still prefer adding mages in terms of cost. Little more stealth and no one bats an eye when you set one loose in lowbie area to farm.

Looks pretty much just like a regular player farming would.

I owned class and playing atm:
1.melee class --> zerks , rng , bst , rog but no monk~~
2.caster class --> nec, mage enc, no wizzy

For Grp content suggest:
1. tank rog rog bst brd shm (save money for long time farm ~~because zek need pp to input dps)
2. tank zek zek bst brd shm
result :grp 1 and 2 whole grp dps almost the same, but rog more fun!!!

For Raid content suggest:
with tank
1. tank zek rog bst brd shm
without tank
2. rng zek rog bst brd shm
-------------------------------
However newest version : TOL
mage dps seems not lower than pure melee dps, even better

I don't like use caster grp on grp content!!! so no comment
but for Raid content suggest:
with tank
1. tank mag mag enc brd dru
without tank
2. mag mag mag enc brd dru
PS: why dont have nec, because no room for my nec ( nec are top dps)

Eqzerker discord. https://discord.gg/VgVxhy5H

Burns for zerkers are very specific. There is more or less an order, at least on TLP. It takes a lot of gear to get zerkers to do major dmg. At the lvl 70-80 era they are an ADPS class but everyonce in a while you will have recursion fire multiple times from Untamed rage and they will top the charts like they were on steroids.

I have a zerker monk rogue per dps group. They provide big adps for the monk, rogue and bard. It’s an absolute must have for dps groups.

Good points in previous posts and I agree with the relative simplicity of the Berserker class. Overall, little to no utility in return for excellent DPS.

I'll add this observation: A handful of Berserker burns that are STILL part of the rotation, are level 100 and below.

Brutal Discipline (100)
Avenging Flurry (89)
Cleaving Acrimony (86)

Given these low levels, it is not difficult to obtain rank 3 of these discs from raid expeditions. For the House of Thule expansion discs, I do this raid: House of Thule - Tick Tock.
For Brutal Disc Rank III in the Rain of Fear expansion (you will probably need a requester but the raid is just a tank & spank): Breeding Grounds - Velishan's Revenge.

Now, disclaimer: I have a bias for melee and a bias for Zerkers. Seeing small & thin toons poking the backside of a mob isn't nearly as entertaining as seeing a big toon swing a big axe overhead and smashing. Certainly play what appeals to you. However, if you are looking for pure current content performance, go Rogue. I say that because the ToL expansion is heavy humanoid, and, if recent expansion trends continue, the next expansion will be another Luclin-based expansion that will have a heavy humanoid mob population. So, Rogues may continue to have an advantage over the next year or so (in DPS).

Discussion - Berserkers? -- Experienced Input Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back