• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Because I Got Banned (1 Viewer)

The training was common back in the day. If you couldn't deal with a train while fighting raid targets, you didn't belong there in the first place. We had guilds attempt to train us, but we still succeeded. Occasionally, we would train them back when we came across them on a raid target. Such was EQ then. Neither guild whined.

lol! Love it

Get Out Fruit GIF by Chris Cimino

My response to bans or suspensions a year a half ago when I was paying for 8 expansions and subs and got a suspension or ban ...
Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Now that I have a FTP army ... meh fire up another alt and keep on going...then new google account, load 5 new chars to raise the following week

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Last edited:
The training was common back in the day. If you couldn't deal with a train while fighting raid targets, you didn't belong there in the first place. We had guilds attempt to train us, but we still succeeded. Occasionally, we would train them back when we came across them on a raid target. Such was EQ then. Neither guild whined.
Once High Sun was introduced, sending a named back to spawn and watching groups get summoned one at a time until they wiped… good times.

I guess I just don't see the value in starting up multiple throw away characters. The group game of eq is not fun to me and a fully developed raid main is too large of an investment to just leave it to chance of getting suspended. Leveling and AAs are of little consequence, it's the achievements, rare gear drops, questing, rare named, augs, etc. that are not so easily reacquired.

So, yeah, just "spin up another alt" is a bigger deal than some of you make it out to be.

I guess I just don't see the value in starting up multiple throw away characters. The group game of eq is not fun to me and a fully developed raid main is too large of an investment to just leave it to chance of getting suspended. Leveling and AAs are of little consequence, it's the achievements, rare gear drops, questing, rare named, augs, etc. that are not so easily reacquired.

So, yeah, just "spin up another alt" is a bigger deal than some of you make it out to be.
What's wild is they're on P99 and leveling takes significantly longer still doesn't it?

Nah…you can whip up a shd from zero to epic 1.5, 115 max aa and tear in like a week. If you group him right you canget a whole team up and done in a week. I usually raise…

Shd, bard, enc, cleric…plus 2x something. Once you get a couple of fungis it goes quick…

Its saving for the krono pops that slows you down. It goes even faster if you have an 85 and 110 heroic max aa tanks ready to help at 60 and 85…

This past bonus session was bananas i did 0 to 115 max aa’s for 3 teams of 6 chars…burned 18 krono total

Got so much snowbound, tov t1, ice encrusted and sky stuff banked on alts that i’ll be living off of bazaar for a couple of years from that haul…

Last edited:
Uh, no... I did PoP, GoD, OoW in era and had to deal with another guild that would basically try to train the entire zone on you (especially with Fire minis). I don't care how awesome your guild was, you weren't going to kill the fire field, whatever raid minis were trained, with all the shit between C2 and C1. Sorry, not happening in era.

No, training between guilds was not "common" "back in the day" because SOE actually, kinda, enforced the PNP they had. We had rotation schedules (actually enforced by SOE) so that guilds could actually do raid content.

Uh, no... I did PoP, GoD, OoW in era and had to deal with another guild that would basically try to train the entire zone on you (especially with Fire minis). I don't care how awesome your guild was, you weren't going to kill the fire field, whatever raid minis were trained, with all the shit between C2 and C1. Sorry, not happening in era.

No, training between guilds was not "common" "back in the day" because SOE actually, kinda, enforced the PNP they had. We had rotation schedules (actually enforced by SOE) so that guilds could actually do raid content.
Yea, you are the authority about what SOE did or didn't do back then right? How could I have been so remiss? Maybe your server had a rotation, but many did not, including ours.

I personally participated as a MNK in perpetrating several of said trains on two guilds on our server. I was never banned. Never got in trouble. We were subject to many trains ourselves. Absolutely zero issues and never had a rotation. 1st come, 1st serve. Hence why "MMOB" was so popular. We had tons of alts in different zones, log on, quick track, and a lot of people used it for quick traveling to raid target zones. We were usually first to everything in the current content when I left after Solteris was finished. Technically, I wasn't in a big guild through Solteris and finished it (solo) in a very non-orthodox way.

Nah…you can whip up a shd from zero to epic 1.5, 115 max aa and tear in like a week. If you group him right you canget a whole team up and done in a week. I usually raise…

Shd, bard, enc, cleric…plus 2x something. Once you get a couple of fungis it goes quick…

Its saving for the krono pops that slows you down. It goes even faster if you have an 85 and 110 heroic max aa tanks ready to help at 60 and 85…

This past bonus session was bananas i did 0 to 115 max aa’s for 3 teams of 6 chars…burned 18 krono total

Got so much snowbound, tov t1, ice encrusted and sky stuff banked on alts that i’ll be living off of bazaar for a couple of years from that haul…
Like I said, leveling and grinding AA is no big deal, so who cares that it's fast to get to level 115+? Try doing all the progression, hunters, collections, evolving items, raid achievements, etc. going back to RoF era forward. That will take you a fuck load of time and those raid achieves are likely out of reach entirely as no one is doing some of them now. A group of 110-115 snowbound equipped is not at all what I'm looking to play.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not encouraging to to told that you can replace a character that you've invested years of playtime into, if it gets banned, with a undeveloped 115 character in 3 year old T1 junk group gear.

Like I said, leveling and grinding AA is no big deal, so who cares that it's fast to get to level 115+? Try doing all the progression, hunters, collections, evolving items, raid achievements, etc. going back to RoF era forward. That will take you a fuck load of time and those raid achieves are likely out of reach entirely as no one is doing some of them now. A group of 110-115 snowbound equipped is not at all what I'm looking to play.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not encouraging to to told that you can replace a character that you've invested years of playtime into, if it gets banned, with a undeveloped 115 character in 3 year old T1 junk group gear.
Fair point. We have different styles and goals for sure…i am never sinking that much into ant alt…then again from a risk perspective I wouldn't risk a main with that much effort into it with automation bud…food for thought there…

Odd how memories are. I remember 98% of the guilds on my servers (I was on a few with mergers etc) worked together and rotated which guild got which raid which week.

And then when more and more server merges killed off the guild membership the remaining guilds would raid together to have enough players to raid.

Never had another guild train. And play nice was enforced, if not by the GM's and the guides (who were allowed to interact back then) then by the guild leaders.

Our server was toxic. Everything was a race. 4 high-level guilds all participated in shenanigans. Kael was nuts.

Yeah, once Kunark was out, I feel like most training was groups fighting or over epics. By the time PoP rolled around, rotations were common and people were just more focused on locking other guilds out of VT/Time with first to engage rules.

Funny - Because I Got Banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back