• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Beast Tank ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
204¢
so i run 3 gold accts have a bst, bard, and zerk, has anyone made an ini that leans more towards the side of bst focusing on tanking with pet?

bst isnt amazingly geared or anything yet, but has focused minion 28
thinking about rerolling bst as the main for the grp

bsts are cool and their pets do alright.

you should really have an sk, pal, or warrior for tanking tho if you want to do missions and progression and have the flexibility that a real tank has.

bsts dont have some of the #RealTank stuff you need/want

I have a couple of bst inis in the library for kissassit (assumign you're asking about that, but you didn't specify)- you'd pretty much just make sure to have pet taunting turned on full time, and swap some of your spells for pet healing/blocking stuff, and instead of panthea's aggression, you would use the panthea's protection spell line mq2bst automatically handles those spells/buffs if you're tanking

bsts are cool and their pets do alright.

you should really have an sk, pal, or warrior for tanking tho if you want to do missions and progression and have the flexibility that a real tank has.

bsts dont have some of the #RealTank stuff you need/want

I have a couple of bst inis in the library for kissassit (assumign you're asking about that, but you didn't specify)- you'd pretty much just make sure to have pet taunting turned on full time, and swap some of your spells for pet healing/blocking stuff, and instead of panthea's aggression, you would use the panthea's protection spell line mq2bst automatically handles those spells/buffs if you're tanking
would it be even possible to run a silver acct tank? just trying to avoid needing to make more accts and sink more money than i need to

silver tank is not really viable for current content - if you're a silver tank that is also f2p (including f2p level cap), you can get by because you can use current gear, which helps make up for the huge ac gap without prestige augs, but as a broad statement - no.

would it be even possible to run a silver acct tank? just trying to avoid needing to make more accts and sink more money than i need to
Depends on how far you want to take him and how you want to play. There is nice new "non prestige" armor out there now with good stats to help but the lack of AA would be a consideration too. Unless you go paid on him here and there to get all those Auto Granted AA which can go over the Silver cap.

I feel the Silver or F2P characters are on a level with mercs. So in a group setting they might do ok. But it would still not be optimal.

I would say no for a Silver to tank a raid in today's expansions.

My main toon is a raid geared mage
i run one group with mages - pets tanking
Great for regular zone named and camping - most missions are fine
not so good in missions when you need to position a mob

my other group is melee with sk tank
its a huge difference with a real tank - makes the missions so much easier

well got most everything figured out so far and bst pet tanking is actually working out surprisingly well
think ill keep running with it for the meantime
My normal team is me as chanter, boxed mage for dps/coth and best friend plays a bst. Her beast with EM29 is our main tank all the time and we go through group content with little to no issues most of the time.

Being a chanter, we don't really have to worry about AE agro and such for the most part though. But with that setup..... BST makes perfect tank.

only things i have left to figure out atm is setting a camp up and making one of the toons a puller, otherwise everything else i comming together really well super happy i gave redguides a shot again
and to specify the only thing im using is kissassist atm, and one plugin for the overseer

Question - Beast Tank ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back