• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Baz Conspiracy ??? Help me retain my sanity (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,195¢
So this has gone on for awhile, I finally am wanting to vent it out or ask for thoughts, as it seems too weird, but here goes:
When I put my Buyer on, I wind up being put 'low' on the list and find myself not able to buy a Krono until a specific name or two seem to get theirs or they are offline. A few months ago I was able to not have a feeling of "wait my turn", those same names were still there, and they usually are names that can afford to buy 10-20 Krono at a time. In the pic below I am the red block, and the yellow block is where "Uber Buyer" shows up. If he goes into buyer I wind up down at second to last spot in the list. I am aware you may say, well its not a waiting thing..people just open barter and sell to whomever..., I know.. that said something feels as though it changed about 2 months or so ago, where I don't buy things like before. If I put my trader in offline mode I notice I am not buying as much as previously, if I am online afk mode, I see a massive trickling down of particular items and especially Krono. I've never been able to buy more than one or 2 at a time (yes I'm aware the pic shows 4, its my first time and I'm so happy, hence why I finally gave in to coming here and venting/asking about this strange seeming issue).

When servers came up today a few hours ago, I put my guy on (no VV, and I have not yet used any baz mac of any kind, but am going to be trying @JerkChicken new one he put out soon) and I was first buyer to be buying Krono, then other names appeared and I stayed on top (I left it at default, not clicking alphabetical or anything) , I kept hitting search to do a refresh on the Krono list and I stayed on top until the moment that other name showed up buying a krono...then I was how it shows in the pic. Yesterday that name was on and it was the same until he left or got his Krono and then Bam..my name shows on top of the list again (with not going out of buyer mode or anything). I know it sounds pretty crazy, but is there something going on, am I just delusional? There is like 3 buyer names I notice it happens with..all happen to be 'Uber buyers' on the server.
baz.jpg

@Redfrog I am not sure that is how it works.
First of all, you can sort that list by buyer name or quantity alphabetically.

I am not sure if there is a correlation between being first on the list and someone selling to you.
I think people have commented that buying 2 or more krono makes people less likely to buy from you.

You mention someone buying 20-30 krono, but the pic shows everyone but you buying just one.

Finally, I have also noticed a downtick in the number of krono being sold, I think maybe people are buying them less because they are less excited about this expansion, but that is just a guess.

@freeferli Yes, I know it can be sorted alphabetically or otherwise, and I have not done that.
Yes people can buy from anyone, totally agree and understand.

The pic is perhaps a bad example, as this is from today sometime after server up and I happen to be the only one buying more than one, I mentioned above its the first time I am buying more than 2..I'm a bit happy about that. But its still as I said (or at least it feels something is going on).

I agree very much on it seems a downtick of Krono being sold on my server, I have wondered if its in general after Christmas stuff, lack of people buying due to real world economics and Corona, or TLP servers having all the big Krono sales go there.

My best guess would be age of the character or luck of the draw on your toons database UID.

(an over simplified example would be)
SELECT * from Buyer.DBTable WHERE item=krono SORT BY uid;

UID are generally numerical and sequential, I have also seen UID be what appears to be random letters and numbers.

Other theories include does online or offline buyer mode impact it and where in you buy lines (is it the first item in your /buyer have any impact.

Or maybe it’s just that Tunare does not like you. :)

I seen a guy in bazaar with over 10 traders, pretty obvious because all his names are the same with the last letters a,b,c, and so on. Sells anything you can imagine, tradeskill and loot. I can make roughly a million a day selling odds and ends of crap, if you sell enough items priced upward of 2 mil each, you can do the math and see how these people can amass a huge amount of plat fairly quickly. You won't do it just farming plat.

Forgot my 2 cents on the original question. hehe

I have yet to find a rhyme or reason for the order in search results aside from actually choosing qty, price or alphabet. I do have exp with buying and selling and usually do better when buying or selling 1 or 2 items at a time at a higher price than trying to deal in large amounts of higher price items, like 2 mil items vs selling or buying 100 of a 10 plat item.

Last edited:
My rational thought: We are pattern seeking animals and, while that trait serves us well most of the time, we can also see patterns where there are none.

Putting my tin foil sombrero: You have hit the damn jackpot of what the MAN is trying to do to us! Actually, my conspiracy theory is based in making money. Where I go off the rails is how it is all happening.

Eltai86 illustrates one issue perfectly: one user can make 250 million plat in a good month. Let's assume he has 10 accounts: 6 box team, 2 foragers, 1 trader, 1 buyer...or something like that. With 250 million plat, he can buy 125 Krono... or, over a year's worth of subscription for 10 accounts...in ONE month! I doubt he is a low-tier user. He may be a God-tier user. Probably somewhere in-between (more towards the higher end). So, the next month, things don't go as well, and he only makes 200 million plat. Well, all his toons are krono'd up for a year, so what do you do? You can still buy 100ish Krono, so he does. He can make another 10 man crew and get another year subscription-ish for them....OR...resell the krono for less than what Daybreak charges and boom!, now a user can make money playing EQ. (Disclaimer, I'm not saying any player does this, I'm just using the earning potential of one user as an example of what could hypothetically happen).

Wait, that's a significant loss of revenue for Daybreak Games, or Darkpaw, right? Yes. How could they allow this to happen? Won't someone ask questions? Maybe...or maybe not if Daybreak/Darkpaw is in on the action (not the company, maybe just one guy...or two...or more...San Diego is expensive). Then, the quid-pro-quo could easily be bazaar manipulation from a developer for a cut of "black market" profits. MAYBE

Taking the sombrero off and back to rational: I've had a lot of coffee this morning and didn't sleep that well. Don't listen to anything I've written here.

Last edited:
Well...i can say there are "macro traders" in bazaar (like myself) who are cornering kronos on some servers...IE...if something comes up for sale we're buying them asap. I think Kronos are the new bitcoin...it's no use sitting on 200 mil anymore, kronos and ts mats are the new reserve currency.

In short...you'll see my buyers with very low krono amounts listed at 2 mil, but if anyone comes up for sale in /general i am hitting that 100% of the time as long as i've got cash in the sellers.

My rational thought: We are pattern seeking animals and, while that trait serves us well most of the time, we can also see patterns where there are none.

Putting my tin foil sombrero: You have hit the damn jackpot of what the MAN is trying to do to us! Actually, my conspiracy theory is based in making money. Where I go off the rails is how it is all happening.

Eltai86 illustrates one issue perfectly: one user can make 250 million plat in a good month. Let's assume he has 10 accounts: 6 box team, 2 foragers, 1 trader, 1 buyer...or something like that. With 250 million plat, he can buy 125 Krono... or, over a year's worth of subscription for 10 accounts...in ONE month! I doubt he is a low-tier user. He may be a God-tier user. Probably somewhere in-between (more towards the higher end). So, the next month, things don't go as well, and he only makes 200 million plat. Well, all his toons are krono'd up for a year, so what do you do? You can still buy 100ish Krono, so he does. He can make another 10 man crew and get another year subscription-ish for them....OR...resell the krono for less than what Daybreak charges and boom!, now a user can make money playing EQ. (Disclaimer, I'm not saying any player does this, I'm just using the earning potential of one user as an example of what could hypothetically happen).

Wait, that's a significant loss of revenue for Daybreak Games, or Darkpaw, right? Yes. How could they allow this to happen? Won't someone ask questions? Maybe...or maybe not if Daybreak/Darkpaw is in on the action (not the company, maybe just one guy...or two...or more...San Diego is expensive). Then, the quid-pro-quo could easily be bazaar manipulation from a developer for a cut of "black market" profits. MAYBE

Taking the sombrero off and back to rational: I've had a lot of coffee this morning and didn't sleep that well. Don't listen to anything I've written here.

Coffee = awesomeness. You're not as far off the mark as you might think. There are click farmers in the game who definetely bot both farming and trading for cash, as well as bot to powerlvl. In our server they're well know...and are usually easy to spot because they're warping around...and or stupid enough to have a 300 krono buy line...from a developer standpoint there isn't a bigger red flag (in my opinion) than this.

Rufus, your post made me laugh, as after I posted, I told my wife, I feel like I was typing wearing a Tin Foil Hat !!!
I felt it so weird to consider, but as I believe its all server side stuff for baz sales, there is not much (if anything) a player can do from home to do anything of what I'm talking about.
That said, I recall a time when some players had their name listed like 20 times selling 1 Krono each (versus your name listed once and quantity 20 showing), and pushing everyone elses names basically down the scroll bar. SO some weirdness is possible.
Anyways I enjoyed the chuckle :)

I like buying from or selling to the folks who have small listings. If you have 6 krono your buying then I will see what other folks are listed who maybe just want 1.

If you are selling 10 of a collectable I will buy from the player who is only selling 1. Assuming all are within my price range.

It just feels like I am supporting the small business players that way. lol

But in any search my buyers/sellers always show before others. But if I search with an alt then I get a better variety of returns. So I think there is something tuned to show your own stuff differently

Question - Baz Conspiracy ??? Help me retain my sanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back