• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard Insult Songs / Synergy (1 Viewer)

hoon87

RedCents
368¢
I've looked through a few Kiss ini files and not many use the insult damage line to proc Troucadour's Synergy, is it just not worth it?

Yes, the synergy is solid damage, i believe with nos it's 225k per toon which attacks/nukes. However synergy is pretty fixed DMG, and doesn't get gains from adps abilities - as bards grow dots are often better. Raid bards can get dot crits for nearly 3m a tick (fire dot).

I like to lead with dots, and then switch to insults when mob is under 50% hp.

Be careful, i believe twist behaves very poorly when using insults and you go oom.

Yes, the synergy is solid damage, i believe with nos it's 225k per toon which attacks/nukes. However synergy is pretty fixed DMG, and doesn't get gains from adps abilities - as bards grow dots are often better. Raid bards can get dot crits for nearly 3m a tick (fire dot).

I like to lead with dots, and then switch to insults when mob is under 50% hp.

Be careful, i believe twist behaves very poorly when using insults and you go oom.
Thank you @winnower!

Ive lately been messing around with my bards as well. Whats a good lineup for song besides the ones below:

Throw in your ideas or what you run so i can compare!

After the core stuff it's pretty situational to your group makeup. I personally only use one Insult just so I don't have to deal with mana as often. I like having Chorus and Crescendo in there for my mana users. Suffering is usually in there too. Pulse, Psalm and Arcane Harmony are good options. For group content I usually only go with 2 DoTs as stuff dies too fast. Lots of options with Bards and there's no one "right" way to set up your melody.

So this is my current setup for group. I usually one run one dot as everything dies fast in group content. I do use auras just to be clear fyi. Havent forgotten about those lol

However, I'm looking more of a setup for raid. I know yall stated 4 dots but what would i drop?

lvl=120
Group=Set1
Gem1=Wave of Nocturn
Gem2=Sogran's Insult
Gem3=Composite Psalm
Gem4=Shak Dathor's Chant of Flame
Gem5=Zelinstein's Lively Crescendo
Gem6=Vibrato Barrier
Gem7=Arcane Harmony
Gem8=War March of Centien Xi Va Xakra
Gem9=Psalm of the Pious
Gem10=Aria of Pli Xin Liako
Gem11=Dirge of the Onokiwan
Gem12=Chorus of Shei Vinitras
Gem13=Xetheg's Spry Sonata

Raid=Set2
Gem1=Conjunction of Sticks and Stones << i change
Gem2=Sogran's Insult
Gem3=Composite Psalm
Gem4=Shak Dathor's Chant of Flame
Gem5=Zelinstein's Lively Crescendo
Gem6=Aria of Absolution << i change
Gem7=Arcane Harmony
Gem8=War March of Centien Xi Va Xakra
Gem9=Psalm of the Pious
Gem10=Aria of Pli Xin Liako
Gem11=Dirge of the Onokiwan
Gem12=Chorus of Shei Vinitras
Gem13=Xetheg's Spry Sonata

I also know there are different set for different groups in raid. like Melee vs caster groups. Any help would be great!

Too many choices, not enough bards, unless you just use more :) I run multiple in the same group, spread out the buffs and adps(9songs plus auras and the 115echo for persistence) but they rotate who does ecliptic, only 1 does sticks so doesn't get overwritten and the others insult, all do 4 dots.

All melodies are repeated and woven with the ecliptics and whatnot rather than a short 8-10song twist. Takes some figuring and math to set up at first but once it's right it stays that way. But, I'm juggling several bards. More buffs and adps, less time, more synergy etc. I get a slower start first 30-40% or so, then mob just implodes from all the dots etc. Reminds me of when I used to raid, seeing all the spells on the mobs lol.

Question - Bard Insult Songs / Synergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back