• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard Driving Me Insane Breaking Invis (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hey Everyone,

I cant figure this one out for the life of me. I don't know the bard class all that well, so maybe someone more experienced could analyze this. I use one of Sic's hotkeys for bard invis, plus I use Sic's bard ini.

Seemingly at random my bard will break invis and start her twist. I've tried mqp, then set invis, and turn mqp off, but everytime I turn mqp off she will break invis eventually.

This might be a new issue with KA12, but I can't be sure either way.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any advice would be most appreciated.

PS.. I had Sic suggest using /stoptwist. Most of the time I use /stoptwist, my bard will stop twisting, but then start back up about 2 seconds later. So frustrating!

Hey Everyone,

I cant figure this one out for the life of me. I don't know the bard class all that well, so maybe someone more experienced could analyze this. I use one of Sic's hotkeys for bard invis, plus I use Sic's bard ini.

Seemingly at random my bard will break invis and start her twist. I've tried mqp, then set invis, and turn mqp off, but everytime I turn mqp off she will break invis eventually.

PS.. I had Sic suggest using /stoptwist. Most of the time I use /stoptwist, my bard will stop twisting, but then start back up about 2 seconds later. So frustrating!
I mqp on and then twist off - the macro will refire twist if its running and you turn off twist. I don't move my bard if its not paused for the reason you mentioned above

Thanks everyone for the advice. @Sic i guess I’ll have to get used to having my bard paused. I like to keep kiss on because I’ll have my KA characters in chase mode. I’m guessing when you’re moving you just manually come-to-me?

I only use Melee Twist I have turned it off for out of combat.
This is what I have in the melee section.
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11

these lines are located in the general section i have them turned off
TwistOn=0
TwistMed=0
TwistWhat=0

The twist once started will run the entire melody you have set so if you are fading memory or dual invising right after combat the twist will break it.

Cheers!

For my bard I have these hot keys bound to the numbers.

1. Kissasist start command
2. /mqp (pauses kiss macro)
3. /twist end (stops twist)
4. Selo’s AA
5. Invis/IVU Aa

I’ve gotten into the rhythm of 2,3,3,4,5 when I’m ready to move the group. I double tap 3 just to make sure the twist stops.

Thanks again for the input everyone. @Killertoxin I think I will need to do something like this. When I am questing/moving around a lot, my bard will attempt to start the med twist, which breaks everything.

What do you do when you want to med with your group?

Hey Everyone,

What is your bard casting that is breaking invis? Is it something from within the buffs section? If so you can add on a conditional to check and make sure that the cast only occurs if not-invis. I used to have this issue w/ my bard casting Selo's when invis'd and this is how I stopped it.

Thanks again for the input everyone. @Killertoxin I think I will need to do something like this. When I am questing/moving around a lot, my bard will attempt to start the med twist, which breaks everything.

What do you do when you want to med with your group?
So medding with my group. in the general section i have the following lines
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
GroupWatchOn=1

I make sure these values are all the same in all my ini files. Group watch will force all toons to med inbetween actions pulling fighting ect. the other three lines will cause each toon to start medding on getting to 20mana or 20 end then they will med till full. if all ini's match the other toons will sit and med till all are at maximum.

Ok, thanks @SomeTester for giving me the idea. This is how I got everything to work for me, in case someone looks at this in the future.

I made a hotkey that goes something like this:
-/mqp on
-/twist off
-send a command to bard to key press x (on the bard I have a hotkey set up under key x that does twist off again, then activates selo aa/double invis aa)
-/bct bard (restart KA)
-/bct bard (turn chase on again)

I may need to add some pauses in there, but this gets the job done for anyone struggling with the same thing. Now, whenever I de-invis everyone, my group is good to go. So far, the bard has not broken invis while traveling and I have not had to change her ini or anything else.

Question - Bard Driving Me Insane Breaking Invis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back