• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Banning Question (1 Viewer)

Hoecus

RedCents
91¢
Ok.. So I know I can get banned from using these exploits on here and these cheats but I have a question about banning. I bought a totally seperate account and that is the only account I use these exploits or cheats for BUT ,... I 4-box on my computer and I notice that the MQ2 runs on all 4 at once since Im using the same computer.... can my other accounts get banned just having it running? I do not use anything at all on those accounts so before I got too deeply involved I needed to know. I have 2 computers each running 4 accounts so I can 6-box mobs usually anyway, but on the new account I was using it to forage and combine ..etc...
Any info would help ,

Hoecus

Hoecus said:
can my other accounts get banned just having it running?
No.

Other misc. helpful information:

1) It would be wise to start posting in the correct forum before you start getting lots of flames.
2) 2 computers each running 4 accounts, which is 2x4, = 8. Not quite sure how you got 2x4=6, but it's interesting...
3) Spend some time reading stickies on the forums.

You should not get banned for it just being up on the other accounts. At long as you dont use the features. But you are always at risk if you have accounts in your name etc.... But you should be safe on the accounts that you dont use the MQ2.

Iceman.

majin1970 said:
No.

Other misc. helpful information:

1) It would be wise to start posting in the correct forum before you start getting lots of flames.
2) 2 computers each running 4 accounts, which is 2x4, = 8. Not quite sure how you got 2x4=6, but it's interesting...
3) Spend some time reading stickies on the forums.

Yes 2x4=8, so grats for being able to do simple math. But you get an F in reading and comprehension:

Hoecus said:
I have 2 computers each running 4 accounts so I can 6-box mobs usually anyway, but on the new account I was using it to forage and combine ..etc...

The way I read it is he runs several accounts in group hydra, the others in the bacground doing combines or forage and whatnot. Try to recall we all were new here once before you jump to flame someone for asking for help, especially when your actions end up making you look like a stupid asshole in the end.

yea I agree with Funk these forums are here so that people can get help if they need it new or not new. . .I think this is a legit question and no would also be my awnser as long as u arent using any active hacks there shouldnt be anyway u would get in trouble on the accounts u arent using it on

Legit question yes. Correct forum, no. First time, no. People learn faster it seems if the post makes an impression. He was asked in his other thread to post in the right forum.

Yes you could of course be banned just having MQ2 loaded on some toons..
Plus the GM , can /will check up IP and BIlling info's when he bans a toon..
Sometimes you are lucky and only a toon gets banned, other times , they can ban all toons on the same IP//Billing (use game cards simpler) .

And don't forget , use the MQ2 CHAT WINDOW to type any commands, and receive plugin outputs , mq2 outputs etc..

GM's will use the /SNOOP command on you...And read all you typed , and can see in your normal EQ windows.

In anycase even just having MQ2 loaded , could be a ban , even if you aren't doing anything...Just type /unload on the toons you really don't want to risk.

The key is the IP address. If you piss them off, they could ban all accounts that have been logging in from the same IP address. So just not using it on the 'valuable' accounts is not certain protection. However, given that.... say... two brothers could be logging in from the same IP address, one using MQ2 and the other not, they would probably only take such an extreme action if you were.... say... Teacher's Pet.

--Jimbo

I was doing something pretty edgy a few years ago on a junk account, and had 8 or 9 accounts banned at the same time by ip. Accounts that weren't even mine but I used for utility were banned. After I e-mailed, they said it was a mistake and apologized.. not sure what went on internally there.

Banning Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back