• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Back from 2007 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
Evening everyone -

Started playing again last month for the first time since 2007 and I'm pretty hooked. Unfortunately seems like the game has gone to boxing so I'm left trying to box which is... way too difficult manually. Wanting to try my hand at MQ2, how is it to set up? From what I understand the boxes act as supercharged mercs once they're configured properly? Heard great things about the site so just wanted to get a little more info. Have a 115 rogue, 115 necro, 110 SK, and bringing up a Shaman and Bard now as well.

Any specific tips to that box would be awesome!

Evening everyone -

Started playing again last month for the first time since 2007 and I'm pretty hooked. Unfortunately seems like the game has gone to boxing so I'm left trying to box which is... way too difficult manually. Wanting to try my hand at MQ2, how is it to set up? From what I understand the boxes act as supercharged mercs once they're configured properly? Heard great things about the site so just wanted to get a little more info. Have a 115 rogue, 115 necro, 110 SK, and bringing up a Shaman and Bard now as well.

Any specific tips to that box would be awesome!
Welcome back to EQ and welcome to VV

The official Video Guides are a great start > HERE <, I also have some vids in my signature that might be useful (or not).

Welcome back! I’m not sure about high levels but boxing or power leveling is the only way to get through the lower levels. Find an active guild and hopefully you can group up with them at later levels.

Sic gave great advice. Watch those videos! Then watch them again. Set it up, poke around, and watch them again. I actually started new toons that I’m bringing up together. It has allowed me to understand MQ2 way better than if I’d tried with 6 max level toons in those crazy zones.

I have no clue how your 5 toons will synergize but I think a Berzerker is a great option. You have a tank (SK), healer (shaman), and crowd control (bard). Everything else is icing on the cake.

not sure how necros are doing lately in grps but like the prior poster said u have a good start w sk shm bard
there have been changes to necro dps, from what I hear they shine in raids

Thanks - kinda skeptical of the necro in the group. Do have a 110 ranger and a 90ish cleric, think they'd be better off in place of the nec?

IRL - Back from 2007

Users who are viewing this thread

Back