• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Baby Bard Powerlevelling (1 Viewer)

Mikiky

RedCents
71¢
As in my other previous posts, I finally have bitten down on the bullet and created myself a baby bard (first new toon in nearly 3 years). I have played her for a grand total to this point in time for 4 hours since ending the tutorial and have gotten her to level 23. Was thinking to use the FH macro once I got to the required level to get there, but I am having too much fun PL with my chanter (who is still only 60, but concentrating on AA's atm). Here is my breakdown:

1-6 Did the tutorial, so I'd at least have a basic idea what a bard does.. interesting, kinda like watching grass grow! :p

7-19 Hit Paludal Caverns, threw a Feedback on my chanter and turned her into a fire elemental and had a grand DS total of 28 (w00t!!); pulled EVERYTHING I could see in the bandit camp, sat the bard nearby and played the level 2 AoE song, caused about 2 damage to everything... but gained about 1 and a half levels per pull.

It was kinda exciting!! XP starting dropping off very quickly though... needed to get a new fix elsewhere... ahhhh, my thats right, my favorite place... "ECHO CAVERNS" my half fried brain screamed at me! Off we went, like a scene from Wizard of Oz, following the Yellow brick road... :p

20-23 Hit the low side with the boglings and needlites with the same system, boy, these little crappers hit hard! Decided that the chanter need a bit of protection, so used a Bedlam ( that beserker typed spell u usually throw on a tank). Wow, should have seen her... a muscle bound high-elf gal throwing her weight around.. well, it worked like a charm, she sat there taking hits without squealing like a little girl, with each of the bogling warriors giving the bard 10.7% xp! Going to get the bard a few levels higher and hit the high side:

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=2052

Decided I should run the bard FH macro at night and do my PL thing during the day... still need to learn how to play a bard.. Because I found myself running and trying to cast with a chanter and stopping to cast with a bard... was kinda funny at the time :)

KICK ME !!!! I completely forgot that I have Lesson of the Devoted and haven't used it yet!! /cry Would have been 21% per level :rolleyes:

Still haven't set up the macro or gone to FH yet... hell, it took me 5 months to work the nerve to use MQ2 But, I'll try and figure it out tonight and let it run... keep reading for more intrepid adventures and goofball stuffups

PS ... hints, comments, ideas gratefully accepted :)

Last edited:
If you're going to continue with your enchanter tanking for you, I would highly suggest leveling to 61 so you can get Arcane Rune. Component free 1500 point self rune. It totally changes your ability to tank. With QuickBuff level 3 AA, you can cast it in 2.5 seconds.

Idea to pl with the enchanter is to take the dmg so that the bard does not have to. ds's do not work if your not getting hit... also just and idea. your chanter can do 99% of the dmg to the mob. just have to memblur the mob and have the bard do the final kill. i know this is not practical at low levels. but works great at higher lvls..

Unless in fact they nerfed it.. its been a while since i have done it. worth a shot though

Riddlerr said:
Idea to pl with the enchanter is to take the dmg so that the bard does not have to. ds's do not work if your not getting hit... also just and idea. your chanter can do 99% of the dmg to the mob. just have to memblur the mob and have the bard do the final kill. i know this is not practical at low levels. but works great at higher lvls..

Unless in fact they nerfed it.. its been a while since i have done it. worth a shot though

IIRC, on my Necromancer, if I have Rune and DS on at same time. Successful "absorbs" will still cause the DS to activate.

That 99% dmg and memblur thing doesn't work anymore... I even tried nuking like mad with my necro and FD'ing and that doesn't work either. Neither does only doing 49% of dmg and PL toon doing 51%. From what I can tell, if a PC out of grouping level range does more than like 5% damage to a mob, the PL'd toon doesn't get exp.

-CodeCaster

Mikk you don't have a druid?

Early levels .. 1-52 i can do in a day ..easy esp since the bard has AE nuke sony..

its just straight up conventional PLing..

it can be done with clr or enc .. or necro .. but ihave found druids do it best.. esp 1-52

8-)

well the chanter with feedback and DS potions can still do a good job

just do as stated above and get lvl 61.. so u have the Dot Free rune..

you should have no problems keeping agro ..

if you can get a snare item .. it will help

when i pl with the druid.. in DSP the zelniaks all make a kool lookin line .. as the turn away when they hit 10% hp.

makes it easy to bing a melee in and beat each one.. 8-) /cough work those melee skills

you could try other things like .. charming a red mob when he is getting to 10% helth .. dropping charm and having pl toon beat on him.. it should give hi all the exp

etc etc

hope something here help u 8-)

armysoldier said:
well the chanter with feedback and DS potions can still do a good job

just do as stated above and get lvl 61.. so u have the Dot Free rune..

you should have no problems keeping agro ..

if you can get a snare item .. it will help

when i pl with the druid.. in DSP the zelniaks all make a kool lookin line .. as the turn away when they hit 10% hp.

makes it easy to bing a melee in and beat each one.. 8-) /cough work those melee skills

you could try other things like .. charming a red mob when he is getting to 10% helth .. dropping charm and having pl toon beat on him.. it should give hi all the exp

etc etc

hope something here help u 8-)

Been using the Feedback on the chanter with a Fire Elemental illusion spell, decided to take your advice and get her to 61 before I do anymore PL for the Bard (who is 26 now, BTW).. played 35 minutes in Echo and gained 3 levels with the "Lesson of the devoted" xp bonus. Very easy!

After I get my chanter to 61, I want to try some of the snare items, I usually just root the mobs in place and let them beat down on the DS. What are someof the easily obtained snare items that you know of?

Toetwister was pretty easy if you can box a cleric and a tank... And a puller that can bring the mob from the back of Akheva to the zone in.

I think there was another snare weapon that drops fairly commonly in Howling Stones as well.

Check in Chardok... it's rare, but there is another snare weapon that can drop along the way to the king/prince area.

There are likely to be others, but those are the ones that come to mind first. Give them a try and see what you are able to come up with. :)

glaive of malek or something like that ..

its out of FV .. u camp a drovolg or what have u and give the drop to the captain .. he give us the glaive

it has snare.. i think it is melee only though

8-(

armysoldier said:
glaive of malek or something like that ..

its out of FV .. u camp a drovolg or what have u and give the drop to the captain .. he give us the glaive

it has snare.. i think it is melee only though

8-(

lol, thank you for the tip, but a little bit not so useful for the chanter... maybe I can get for the bard.

Is there any that any can think off with a clicky snare the chanter can use? I thought of the ensnaring concoctions etc, but they cost big pp on my server..

you can do a quest for a clicky snare item (necklace) it starts in felwithe, clerics guild i think but i'll check on it and post i back here :)

sorry, i cant find anything on the necklace but i have a friend who got the necklace so i'll get the quest from him :) it'll be sometime 2morrow tho :P

potions IMO might be yourbest bet.. i cannot think of anything else the ENC can use to snare....

i forgot all about them .. lol

if i need snare i box a dru .. so its a moot point for me..

but imo go with Pots

ok, i was thinkin of the wrong effect for necklace :P sorry :( its the Warden Symbol of Tunare and it does Grasping Roots. It is dru,clr,bst but i think thats wrong because it doesnt have any classes that can be a bst...

100th post! go me!!

Chanter is now 61, and she is BUTCH!!! I threw an Arcane Rune on her as well as the Bedlam (they seem to stack at least) and sat there for what seemed like hours with the spell on (well, a couple of minutes at least).
Gave up on the idea of trying to get a snare item... can't seem to find one for my needs at this time without becoming a religious convert! :p

Still haven't taken the bard to FH yet, but I did go exploring with my 68 Monk.. bad idea!! Thank God he FD properly (usually is sticky situations FD manages to fail on him even though he is maxed on the skills for it and the mobs all just stand around giggling like little girls as they kick the hell out of him :) ).. managed to pull about 6 mobs (all based on the monks level cause he zoned in first...). Max hit was only around 600, but with 6 mobs hitting you for around 600, well, it wasn't a pretty sight. After picking my bruised and battered body up, quickly zoned out and thought to try another day.

Bard is 26 atm, need to play her a little more to get her up, but she still camped in Echo Caverns and will play her a little more when I get the chance.

The method i use with the Chanter is tash, root and sit there like a rock, but I wish that the bug with the Rune and druid DS shield still worked :(

Baby Bard Powerlevelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back