• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
AutoVendor

Macro - AutoVendor (1 Viewer) 3.6

H
Sorry to hear that, I am getting back in to the game as my time has free'd up a bit and this may be outdated, I have yet to test it.

Could I get some more info from you? Were you doing anything with the windows or toon while autovendor was running? When it got stuck, was there anything relayed to chat at all? Was the name field selected at all?

I'll do my own testing here soon when I pop in and see what's going on as well, but any info you can give me would be great!

I have also added the changes @ChatWithThisName threw up there, I'll upload that shortly if I find there's no overarching issues with the macro.
Hello,
Thanks for your kind reply.
My issue happens when I am parceling to various Mules. It usually sends first items ok to first mule, problem happens when the macro must swap to a new mule, then there is some kind of delay problem where the macro didn't write the new name of the new mule but the Reciever field on the Parcel UI is emtpy, so the macro keeps spamming trying to send an item to noone, then I get response from npc saying: "I cannot send it if I don't know who to send it to!". Meanwhile the macro is struck on trying to send it "You sent XXX to YYY!" spam.
I must say that ocasionally the macro correctly enters a different Mule name when swapping but most of the time problem is there; when swapping names after being done sending to first mule.

I had this problem while being in PoK and Guildhall.

Besides that problem, that smells like a delay problem? I don't know... I am really new there. I am so new that I have never used MQ so I jumped directly into MQnext, if that information also helps.

Thanks.

H

Hello,
Thanks for your kind reply.
My issue happens when I am parceling to various Mules. It usually sends first items ok to first mule, problem happens when the macro must swap to a new mule, then there is some kind of delay problem where the macro didn't write the new name of the new mule but the Reciever field on the Parcel UI is emtpy, so the macro keeps spamming trying to send an item to noone, then I get response from npc saying: "I cannot send it if I don't know who to send it to!". Meanwhile the macro is struck on trying to send it "You sent XXX to YYY!" spam.
I must say that ocasionally the macro correctly enters a different Mule name when swapping but most of the time problem is there; when swapping names after being done sending to first mule.

I had this problem while being in PoK and Guildhall.

Besides that problem, that smells like a delay problem? I don't know... I am really new there. I am so new that I have never used MQ so I jumped directly into MQnext, if that information also helps.

Thanks.

Hey!

So the issue is the field (MW_Send_To_Edit or something like that) is currently being randomly deselected for whatever reason and iterating over chat, as the macro did before, doesn't fix this issue anymore. I'm looking in to the problem right now I just haven't had a huge amount of time to sit down and crack a solution out. I've fixed everything but Parceling and Tribute, unfortunately for Tribute (since InvSlot is now broken) there isn't a work around and that probably won't see a fix until you can access individual InvSlots properly again.

Parceling, though, is a matter of just iterating over the proper text field since it is no longer automatically selected as the primary field (**sometimes**) when you swap in different parcel items. Sometime post-Tuesday I will have more time to sit down and crack this out and I will push a fix within the week.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I appreciate it!

Ionis updated AutoVendor with a new update entry:

Bugfixes and Palatial Guild Hall support

AutoVendor Ver. 3.5 Changelog:

**Removal of Tribute**
Unfortunately, with the InvSlot functionality currently being broken within the core of MQ2, tributing will no longer work as the functionality behind it has no (good) work-around and you cannot accomplish what we want to with the capabilities available to us. I've kept the core functionality and the variables in-tact but they are currently commented out, I will come back to this in the future when it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The most recent update should fix the parceling issues as well as palatial support and updates for the new 33 and 34th slot Terror of Luclin adds.

As far as tributing goes, with the InvSlot functionality broken still there isn't much in the ways of fixing this. One thing I could do, is force an empty bag or empty base slot to be designated as a tributing slot, leftmouseup the item by name, put it in that specific slot, then target the slot as the basic 1-34 slots can still be selected via the usual method. My problem is I feel like this would defeat the purpose of automatically tributing since it's such a long-winded way of doing things it may just be better for the player to tribute themselves, but if y'all would like me to try this workaround I would be fine with seeing if I can get it functioning.

Let me know if there are any problems as always and thanks for all the feedback over the past 8 months!

.Invslot is broken, but you should not use invslot at all anyways, as its old and deprecated function

if you want grab an item you just iterate through the bagcontainer, and through the bagslots inside it, and select it using its id, here is an example:
INI:
|- our inventory bag slots to iterate through, including new perk ones.
/for Bag 23 to 34
    |- set the Slots to the bags slot size
    /varset Slots ${Me.Inventory[${Bag}].Container}
    |- iterate trhough our bags slots
    /for BagSlot 1 to ${Slots}
        |- if there is an item in the slot, we can do things with it
        /varset ItemID ${Me.Inventory[${Bag}].Item[${BagSlots}].ID}
        /if (${ItemID}) {
            /echo ItemID: ${ItemID} - ${Me.Inventory[${Bag}].Item[${BagSlots}].Name}
            |- here we select the item or leftmouse click it, if we are in tribute windwo this will select it
            |- using the # in the itemnotify allows us to select by ID.
            /squelch /nomodkey /itemnotify #ItemID leftmouseup
            |-here we could tribute the item or check if its worth for tribute etc.
        }
    /next BagSlot
/next Bag

.Invslot is broken, but you should not use invslot at all anyways, as its old and deprecated function

if you want grab an item you just iterate through the bagcontainer, and through the bagslots inside it, and select it using its id, here is an example:
INI:
|- our inventory bag slots to iterate through, including new perk ones.
/for Bag 23 to 34
    |- set the Slots to the bags slot size
    /varset Slots ${Me.Inventory[${Bag}].Container}
    |- iterate trhough our bags slots
    /for BagSlot 1 to ${Slots}
        |- if there is an item in the slot, we can do things with it
        /varset ItemID ${Me.Inventory[${Bag}].Item[${BagSlots}].ID}
        /if (${ItemID}) {
            /echo ItemID: ${ItemID} - ${Me.Inventory[${Bag}].Item[${BagSlots}].Name}
            |- here we select the item or leftmouse click it, if we are in tribute windwo this will select it
            |- using the # in the itemnotify allows us to select by ID.
            /squelch /nomodkey /itemnotify #ItemID leftmouseup
            |-here we could tribute the item or check if its worth for tribute etc.
        }
    /next BagSlot
/next Bag

That would work under normal circumstances, but does not work for me when using the Tribute vendor specifically. It just adds the item to the cursor, it is the same result as throwing in /itemnotify "${ItemName}" leftmouseup (was the reason I was using InvSlot originally) which you can see me demo below from a topic I made focusing on this discussion:

Under normal circumstances, you wouldn't be able to, but in this circumstance the command circumvents the restriction. See video below for my example. :)

This is why you need to target the bag slot, I had this same issue a year ago when I was first implementing the logic and targeting the bag slot was my work around. With InvSlot the way it is now, I'm not sure there's any work around for this unfortunately. I have thought of a work-around as previously stated, just not sure if it's worth it to the player with it being a bit long-winded. I've asked folks if they want me to implement it and we'll see, in the mean time if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!
View attachment 35148

I have tested all work-arounds that I know are currently present, including the one Kaen mentioned, but if anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know.

That would work under normal circumstances, but does not work for me when using the Tribute vendor specifically. It just adds the item to the cursor, it is the same result as throwing in /itemnotify "${ItemName}" leftmouseup which you can see me demo below from a topic I made focusing on this discussion:

I have tested all work-arounds that I know are currently present, including the one Kaen mentioned, but if anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know.
yeah unfortunately leftmouseup speficially picks items up, > docs <

leftmouseup
Puts the item on the cursor, or returns it to slotname if its already on the cursor (same as left clicking an inventory item).

so i suspect it specifically pics it up, instead of doing things like just selecting it while in a menu like you're trying to do

yeah unfortunately leftmouseup speficially picks items up, > docs <

leftmouseup
Puts the item on the cursor, or returns it to slotname if its already on the cursor (same as left clicking an inventory item).

so i suspect it specifically pics it up, instead of doing things like just selecting it while in a menu like you're trying to do

Aye it would appear so :( hence the work-around I was doing using InvSlot which highlighted the slot and worked quite well.

It's unfortunate, and like I said before, we could work around this by emptying one of the designated 23-34 slots then replacing with the item being tributed and loop, but this is kind of invasive and may not be something players want from the macro anyways. It's more of peoples thoughts on it, if folks really want tributing I'm sure I can figure it out. But if anyone has any other ideas, do let me know as well.

i litteraly just tested that code in next, with the personal tribute guy open, it selects the item, does not put it on mouse.

you cant put items from your bag inventory on the mouse when you are in select item mode, which the tribute guy does to you.

This video clearly shows what i am saying works.

View attachment 35149

I don't get this result using the same logic, see video:

(Had to upload on YT due to size restrictions, too lazy to compress MP4)

Not sure exactly what's happening here, lines are identical, I tried this in guild hall tribute, origin tribute and personal (AA) tribute master(s) and all were the same result. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know, but right now this method is not working for me. I also iterated this in to the function you shared to the same result, without being able to consistently recreate this I'd rather not use it to avoid running in to issues down the line. Yet, if you see something I'm doing wrong here, let me know and I'll try it out again.

Last edited:
you tried with your bags open?, itemnotify works diffrently based on if the bag is open or not.

you tried with your bags open?, itemnotify works diffrently based on if the bag is open or not.
Aye, if you look at the last one I did I had the bag open. I can re-record all of them again if you'd want to see, result is the same for me unfortunately.

hmm you are on legacy mq2?, i am betting that is the difference.

Ahh yes, that would probably be it, I am not using Next as of right now. Can you think of a work-around that would work for both versions simultaneously? If not, I'm sure I could figure something out with time.

Either way, thanks for helping me figure out the problem, I'll experiment with some more things and see what I can figure out here.

Last edited:
if we replace our itemnotify with this

/nomodkey /itemnotify in pack${Math.Calc[${Bag}-22].Int} ${BagSlot} leftmouseup

Since our ${Bag} is the number of the bag we in, we can turn it in a pack number by subtracting 22 and the ${BagSlot} is the same.
however we need to have the bag open for the tribute selection to work, both in next and mq2

if we replace our itemnotify with this

/nomodkey /itemnotify in pack${Math.Calc[${Bag}-22].Int} ${BagSlot} leftmouseup

Since our ${Bag} is the number of the bag we in, we can turn it in a pack number by subtracting 22 and the ${BagSlot} is the same.
however we need to have the bag open for the tribute selection to work, both in next and mq2

Works perfectly, thanks again man! I'll be sure to properly credit you in the update once I push it.

Love the update but when i run it. should it put all the items with no value or no trade in the Ini so i make them Delete?
I had it intentionally skipping items that were no trade to avoid cluttering the INI, if it IS adding no trade/no drop items it shouldn't be unless, for some reason, the items are not flagged as no trade or there's been a change to how these items are flagged within MQ/EQ.

If you're asking if I can make it add no trade items, I could always throw a option in there for sure. I am currently working on a different resource, of which I am in the finalization of, when I'm done with it I'll take a look at tying the option to a variable of which you can flip in the INI.

If this isn't what you were asking, feel free to clarify. :) Also yes, you can add any item manually if you wanted to.

This works great!!!!

Is there a way to parcel Plat?

Thanks this saves me so much time.

Sorry, I wasn't getting notifications from this thread for whatever reason so I actually had never seen this. Next I have time I'll see if I can get around to adding an option to parcel plat, it wouldn't be too difficult for sure.

I had it intentionally skipping items that were no trade to avoid cluttering the INI, if it IS adding no trade/no drop items it shouldn't be unless, for some reason, the items are not flagged as no trade or there's been a change to how these items are flagged within MQ/EQ.

If you're asking if I can make it add no trade items, I could always throw a option in there for sure. I am currently working on a different resource, of which I am in the finalization of, when I'm done with it I'll take a look at tying the option to a variable of which you can flip in the INI.

If this isn't what you were asking, feel free to clarify. :) Also yes, you can add any item manually if you wanted to.

Sorry, I wasn't getting notifications from this thread for whatever reason so I actually had never seen this. Next I have time I'll see if I can get around to adding an option to parcel plat, it wouldn't be too difficult for sure.

That would be great thanks.

I hate to resurrect an old post but i was wondering if anybody had a list of every item in the game that i could copy/paste to my ini file and then manually set Sell/Ignore to each without having to keep building my ini file.

I hate to resurrect an old post but i was wondering if anybody had a list of every item in the game that i could copy/paste to my ini file and then manually set Sell/Ignore to each without having to keep building my ini file.
lol there are a lot of items - might as well ask if folks can account for all mass in the universe :p

> linkdb < this might be useful?

I like this script and use it all the time. One improvement that I'd like to recommend is that it would be cool if it could autobank stuff for you. This would be good for tradeskill items that you're saving up for the future. So allow a new tag "Bank" on items. To minimize changes, this could be a separate execution of the script, with a parameter, so like "/mac AutoVendor autobank". (The point of this autobank functionality being part of this same script is to avoid separate .ini files for selling and banking.)

It would also be nice to be able to share .ini files across characters without needing to keep copying them as you update the list. There are multiple ways to accomplish this, but one would be to allow .ini files to have a single field like "UseOtherIni=TheFilenameOfTheOtherIniFile" and that's it. Then when you go to parse the ini you first check for this field being present, and if it is then you open that other file and then parse it instead. I generally loot with just one guy, but sometimes when I overflow I start passing stuff around, so this feature would be nice.

Anyway, thanks so much for the script. It is very helpful.

Just recently got into Redguides. This Macro was of interest to me... is there any action still on this macro? If not, I'm very interested in modifying it..
3 Huge things off the top of my head:
1) Setting the default to "Sell" when initializing the macro is.. not optimal. Set them all to ignore.
2) Allow user's to create Macro buttons to push to set it to "Sell" "Ignore" "Parcel:x"
3) Allow a 'common' UI for items between 'all' characters to "ignored" "Sold" or "Parceled"

Last edited:
1) IDK why, but Emeralds cause a problem with this.
2) While it 'says' it is sending to 1 Parcel person, EQ says it is sending to a different parcel person. It goes to the one EQ says, not the one listed in the INI, or the one the RG message says it is going to..

I started using this macro to destroy foraged items that mq2forage doesn't manage to destroy due to combat, but it gets hung up on trying to destroy a stack of anything, I get a error "Confirmation box is returning a bad value"

Does this still work? I have tried to initialize this many times and get an error couldn't open macro file... Am I missing a step?

Thanks
I haven't tested it since the DX11 API Port in January, I don't imagine this could've impacted it significantly but I haven't looked as to whether or not there were any significant changes to MQ that would cause issue at this current time.

What is the exact error you're currently experiencing?

Macro - AutoVendor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back