• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - autoit3 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
So i've been playing around with autoit3, been looking into a lot of the aspects of the automation of different things that you could do with it and the application of what it can do. has anyone else used it a lot?
so far i found some interesting things you can do. like i was able to use pointers to find values in EQ and other games (full read and write access) and i have used the mysql and sqlite to do a few automated database quarys that normally i had to run manually. one prototype was when i was running a eqemu server i would have a script constently checking logs and hackers table for any suspecious activity if it found something it would send a cmd to the console to kick/suspend/ban the character/account. the other application i found was for the site as a back end. it would handle automaticly giving donor items to the players who donated. i have been able to find a lot of values on EQEmu (could use it to keep a database of all your characters and their gear/level/other important info)

i've slightly dabbled into the TCP/UDP communication but not much. i was able to create a simulated MySQL server (programs that work on MySQL servers like heidiSQL worked mostly) also i was able to simulate the connection to a teamspeak 2 server (voice didn't work but you could connect and it looked like you were on a teamspeak server with everyone muted)

if you have messed around with autoit3 please feel free to share what you have done or ideas you have... interested in what it could do or what you're ideas are on it.

also anyone know any similar things like it? maybe something that is faster or supports multi-threading would be great. i love C++ but it can be a hassle sometimes.

I use AutoIT daily for work. I create automation scripts for corporate level environments to allow unassisted installations of multi-component projects. My current big script contains ~5,000 lines of code and does everything from clicking "next" on an install form to bypassing group policy to allow non-administrators to install software remotely. It sounds like what you're using AutoIT for would be better suited with most other languages though. Large amounts of AutoIT came from VBScript--so that may be better for you. _ImageSearch works with EQ if you play in windowed mode by the way, and because of the way it works you could easily use it to complete basic tasks on P99 servers without getting detected.

I looked at autoIT and instead for what I do in EQ I wrote all my scripts in AutoHotkey

I use this on every pc I run eq on and it saves me so much headache, I am 100% sure it would work on 99 as well

Diba, when i originally was looking around my first thought was C++ since i have done a lot of programming for mq2 plugins and i understand the basic concept of it. (still haven't found a way to do multi threading in it... and inline functions seemed more like just regular functions to me... so wasn't too sure what the difference was...)

i didn't give a great detail of what i have done in the past... i've attempted to use c++, basic, Lua, python (that HORRIBLY failed), java and c#. sadly all of these languages don't support every part i need to make the kind of programs i'm looking for... so maybe someone with a vast amount of experiance can point me in the direction of one that does.

currently this is the list of stuff i'm looking for in a languange:
multi-threading
supports some level of database entry that can be accessed from a outside source... (mysql perfered)
can atleast read memory values from a process (dll injection or just regular memory reading would both suit my needs)
tcp/udp support
able to make a GUI interface

from research i have done so far the only language i have found that can do all these is autoit (multi threading by running tons of different processes at the same time) and c++.
so i could move over to c++ but the only sites i have found with any level of teaching on it ether want me to pay for some book thats only really ment for people who already know the language and just want a reference book, they stop way short of everything i want to learn (still haven't learned how to make a GUI in c++ besides a simple cmd box console) or they are out of date (found one... not one of the examples accually worked and the compiler they recomended was VS 2004 (they said latest you could use was 2006) i couldn't find ether compiler online... (btw i have VS12 and VS7)... so i guess you could add well documented somewhere on the interenet for free (what ever happened to ads paying to keep sites like that up?)

Razkle autohotkey was a program i used back before i found mq2... it was a major help for doing simple tasks like automaticly foraging... but i am looking to do a few things that it just can't do... like read memory values... or read/write to a mysql database all your character's information... i'm kinda looking for full automation and full reporting system... (ie i'm running 50 instances of eq on live and i want it to be able to report to me how well all those instances are doing... but thats not enough.. i also want it to restart any instances of eq that crashed... also that doesn't seem like that big enough of a task... so lets also make it so if i hit 1 key on a website *cgi back end code?* it will camp all those instances... and if i tell it to start them back up... it will do it also... also it takes my eqbc chat and live feeds it into my web page... and while we are stacking things on why not also make it so i can type "//echo i am godly! you should fear me" it will send that to eqbc in a /bca... (kinda like eqbc interface but not so... applicationy...)) with all of those tasks... i don't think auto hotkey could handle it all...

anyone have a suggestion or a direction for a language that could handle the job? (i know the web cgi has to be c++ based.... unless i ran it through a sql then did a query from a executable to launch the command and clear that query)

and for those that can't tell yet... no... i can't do anything simple... that would be just too... not me... blame redbot... and maskoi while we are at it... just because its too much fun picking on the green guy..

off the top of my head I wanted a way to have AutoIT be able to click the sell or buy button assigned to a hotkey for me that would click it from wherever it is on the screen....

off the top of my head I wanted a way to have AutoIT be able to click the sell or buy button assigned to a hotkey for me that would click it from wherever it is on the screen....

For what you want you're going to need to import the _ImageSearch DLL which was removed from AutoIT's website. Google it and you can find it. Then you can set a hotkey by making a function and linking your function to that hotkey. Here's an example:

Rich (BB code):
;HotKeySet ( "{P}", "getColor" )
;HotKeySet ( "{Q}", "getCoor" )

While 1
   Sleep(100)
   pickFlower()
WEnd

; Flower is 10758274
Func getColor()
$coor = MouseGetPos()
MsgBox(1, "", PixelGetColor($coor[0], $coor[1]))
EndFunc

Func getCoor()
$coor = MouseGetPos()
MsgBox(1, "", $coor[0] & "|" & $coor[1])
EndFunc

Func pickFlower()
	  Local $LocOfFlower = PixelSearch(570, 190, 1275, 600, 10758274, 10, 5)

If(Not @Error) Then
		 MouseClick("LEFT", $LocOfFlower[0], $LocOfFlower[1])
	  EndIf

EndFunc

This code in particular is made to automatically find and pick the flowers in the "Working Overtime" mission. I leave it running in the background while I run my WorkingOvertime macro and that lets me automatically pick the flowers, then my macro takes over and kills the mobs that spawn and moves me to the next flower. The two functions are tied to P and Q to find me the coordinates and colors and display them in a messagebox. I have them commented out since the functions are only used for setting up the script.

We just need to be sure that EQs engine cannot see the autoIT script in action, I know that way back when I played Runescape they could see the AutoIT script running no matter what you renamed it as and they banned tons of players using AutoIT.... Have you tested it in eq to see if they can detect it?

We just need to be sure that EQs engine cannot see the autoIT script in action, I know that way back when I played Runescape they could see the AutoIT script running no matter what you renamed it as and they banned tons of players using AutoIT.... Have you tested it in eq to see if they can detect it?

Runescape (or any other game) cannot scan your system to see what's running unless you give it explicit permission to do so. The cheat engine detector built into League of Legends cannot detect AutoIT so I highly doubt Everquest (which does not have an active scan on your system processes) can. Most of the time games who claim to detect your script running really just watch what you're doing and determine within reason that you're acting in a scripted manner. Runescape was particularly known for this which is why they had so many "random events." Those random events would record how you reacted and if you acted the way a script would react you were banned. The difference between something like AutoIT and MQ2 is huge because MQ2 interacts with some code while AutoIT reacts to an event on the screen. I've had AutoIT running on Everquest for years and I've never had a problem. Keep in mind AutoIT never really interacts with EQ--Just your computer. When you tell AutoIT to move your mouse and click it tells your computer to move the mouse and click and if EQ is on top your computer will tell EQ to click at the coordinates it thinks you moved your mouse to.

Tech - autoit3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back