• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - AutoHideCorpses.lua - Clean up your mess. Automatically. (1 Viewer) 1.03

What error are you getting? There's a couple of people running it fine including myself.
When I get back home later today, I will post it here. I am not missing anything when I watched it on the forum, downloaded it via RG installer, then went into the game launching the Lua via: /lua run AutoHideCorpses?

FYI in the Lua folder, there is just one file inside for the autohidecorpse Lua. This is my first Lua download. I am not sure if that is normal or not to have just one file.

Last edited:
Is it possible to add an option to not execute the part of the hidecorpses for looted corpses? That way can still keep the hide corpses after the conditions are met, but still leave the looted corpses visible until globally hidden?

Is it possible to add an option to not execute the part of the hidecorpses for looted corpses? That way can still keep the hide corpses after the conditions are met, but still leave the looted corpses visible until globally hidden?
Not an option that eq provides. If you just type /hidec in game by itself you can see what the options are.

Not an option that eq provides. If you just type /hidec in game by itself you can see what the options are.
What I mean is, you built in a function into the Lua that hides corspes after looting (/hidecorpse looted) along with the standard /hidecorpse all command. I am just suggesting modifying the Lua to add something that excludes the hide after looting option which in the game is /hidecorpse looted in case there is a desire to leave looted corpses showing or make things easier in case of a mis-step in looting (I do not use a loot manager, just the function in game as a personal preference). Here you can see the portion of the Lua where you wrote it in. Thoughts?

autohidecorpses_looted_screen_code.jpg

The hidec looted is there because without it NEW corpses wouldn't show up at all. It sticks with the last command you issued so if your last command is "/hidec all" NO corpses will show up again no matter what the situation. If you need to bring hidden corpses back up for some reason it's "/hidec none".

The MAIN reason this was made was Necro Wake The Dead. If the corpses are hidden when cast it doesn't work, and some people just like to see the corpse mess they're making but not have them all stay around til poof.
All good! I was just curious if there was some other functionality. Thanks for elaborating :)

@wired420 I just started using this, its very cool to see my battlefield area clean! I am practicing with some unloved alts and farming mats, so I'm not fully at keyboard and Tank dies occasionally and his corpse(s) now getting hidden. If I have:
INI:
/hidecorpse allbutgroup
where /hidec all goes (line 124) will this be ok?

Also, is /hidec just a short for /hidecorpse or a different command?
Thank you for making this.

@wired420 I just started using this, its very cool to see my battlefield area clean! I am practicing with some unloved alts and farming mats, so I'm not fully at keyboard and Tank dies occasionally and his corpse(s) now getting hidden. If I have:
INI:
/hidecorpse allbutgroup
where /hidec all goes (line 124) will this be ok?

Also, is /hidec just a short for /hidecorpse or a different command?
Thank you for making this.
/hidec alwaysnpc

Is there any way to have this Enabled by default when we type /lua run autohidecorpses
It sucks having to go thru each character and check the Enable button? I looked at the INI file to see if I could enable it for all characters but did not see any way to do that.
Thanks
I have a vid about how to use .cfg files to automatically load luas

I don't need to automatically load when logging in. When I type /lua run autohidecorpses it pops up a box with an Enable checkbox and that has to be checked on all characters by scrolling thru each character and clicking the box.
gotcha thanks for the clarification

I don't need to automatically load when logging in. I already have a .cfg file that starts Easy, Lootly, etc. When I type /lua run autohidecorpses it pops up a box with an Enable checkbox and that has to be checked on all characters by scrolling thru each character and clicking the box.
1697275332357.png
Change _enabled = false to _enabled = true

I think a command could be added to enable it here would be ideal. Though that would change the way the current ahc command works as it currently doesn't take any arguments. The above suggestion -you- can do. The below suggestion -someone- can do, but would be best if wired did it so it's part of the current file on download.
ahc_command:
local function ahc_command()
    if Open then
        Open = false
    else
        Open = true
    end
end

Also I noticed this script uses /hidec all which hides even the player's corpses. I changed the code to /hidec npc and left the /hidec looted and testing it out.
I personally have changed this to /hidec allbutgroup. I found this helpful so it won't hide player corpses which made rezzes problematic as the corpses would be hidden at times. This would force a manual /hidec none before rezzing could happen.

Lua - AutoHideCorpses.lua - Clean up your mess. Automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back