• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Auto-Cleric TLP Support (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
I'm doing a poll to see how much demand for TLP support there is for Clerics. The reason why is it will take a lot of time to code since clerics fundamentally change the way they heal around lvl 61+. Since most pre-61 clerics use primarily heal over time, 1 quick heal, and CH in some instances, it is very different than how they currently heal in-game.

I don't mind this addition but I will have to start playing on TLP and I raided pretty hardcore from 2000-2003 in EQ so I like the nostalgia but don't really care for the game play. So that said, how many folks really want this?

Lol, yeah I see all the flame threads on the forums about em, and I like to pop on ole P99 every now and again for nostalgia, but I by no means like that version of EQ better than today's version. If I had MQ2 with all the years of development we have in it now, back when I was raiding I'd feel bad for all the other players, because I'd completely own them on every camp. Its just not fair to the player base. That said, I would never raid on TLP but I would sure as hell cheat at the camps to get the gear I need.

I started MQ2ing in 2004 (Omens of War Era), I remember one of our top raid paladin's bragging how he was teleporting around. I said that's impossible, and then he showed me and said he had a friend of his that gave him his compile. I then found MQ2 was totally open source, and the rest was history. Everything was completely open back then, but if you didn't know much about compiling / programming C you were shit on using the macroquest2.com site.

Prior to that, I remember ShowEQ was a thing when I was raiding Velious/Luclin/PoP, but that was typically only used by a one or two folks in the guild. During Omens I went crazy with the hacking using Warp / Ghost Kill / and AFK leveling in the PoNightmare Hedge Maze for weeks on end. If MQ2 came out during those first 4-5 expansions, EQ would probably not be here today just because people would of ruined the game (myself being one of them)...

yea i made a few request for help and clarification and well you can imagine the response it was years later when i found redguides 09 maybe not sure when i actually started being a user lol

yea i made a few request for help and clarification and well you can imagine the response it was years later when i found redguides 09 maybe not sure when i actually started being a user lol

Yeah they got snarky with me on more than a few occasions. When they added their anti-warp code I put it up all the changes and how to bypass it publicly on redguides the same day just out of spite. Then they banned my MQ2 username. Hence I'm now n00bhaxor on there lol. That all said, its water under the bridge, I love the mq2 devs and I think we are all on the same page that we want to make MQ2 / EQ play nice with everyone. That's the main reason MQ2warp and the rest of the active hacks went away, they were just too detrimental to the community as a whole.

Just curious what kind of stuff this could do that Kiss doesnt, as far as TLP is concerned.

Haven't played around with any other heal macros, so not sure how they differ?

There 2 things kiss wont do, and that i miss.

a.) i never managed it to get grouphealing to work, kiss use groupheals, but pretty wonky and weird

b.) kiss only heals one xtarget. i dont know why. if your macro can heal every given xtarget, that would be nice.

beside this, both new tlp are in kunark currently.

Question - Auto-Cleric TLP Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back