• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Auto Attacking a kited mob? (1 Viewer)

DirtyDruid

RedCents
Hey all,

I'm about two days new to this site and currently taking in lots of valuable information. I have not been able to use MQ yet as I'm still somewhat of a newb. Ok, ok...enough boring chatter. Here is my question.

I play a 70 druid and a buddy of mine plays a 70 warrior. His play time is limited so I box him frequently in the Plane of Fire to leach exp. I will use him to tank casters but other than that, he's useless. What I'm wondering is this. Is there a macro that will allow him to autofollow the mob I'm kiting and hit it? It would make things so much more convenient and kills would be faster.

On a side note, what are the odds of being caught? My druid is my original character and I have 800 AA's. My friends warrior is also his main character and he has about 860 AA's. I know there is some risk of being caught. I would just hate to be banned after all the time invested. Any info and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks,

DD

I think it's pretty much accepted as a general rule that that you shouldn't gamble with something you can't afford to lose. Your odds of being caught are pretty much up to you. If you use MQ2 wisely, you will probably not be caught. If you go warping around and talking about MQ2 in game and so on, or doing AFK macros out in public areas, your odds of getting caught will go way up.

If you are afraid of getting caught, I wouldn't use MQ2 on those accounts that you value.

That's pretty much the only advice I can offer on this subject.

DirtyDruid said:
What I'm wondering is this. Is there a macro that will allow him to autofollow the mob I'm kiting and hit it?

There are several Melee macros in the general macro section on the Macroquest2 website or you can also use the Autobot/Raiddruid script in the VIP Macro section to accomplish this.

Having your warrior autofollow around a kited mob attacking it is very low risk as long as you are there at the keyboard and not using warp. If you use one of the macro's from the MQ2 site and are physically there kiting, I don't see any problems. The Autobot/Raiddruid script is nice to because you can configure it to automatically ask for buffs on your warrior.

Auto Attacking a kited mob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back