• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Aug Proc for 1h/2h/shield (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,289¢
I currently have Coag 1h/2h spear and tower shield. I'm trying to figure out what augs I should get for them. I've heard heal proc augs are the best, and I've also been told run proc augs are better. Not sure which ones to get.

Also, since 1h coag sword already procs a rune, do the rune procs stack?

Personally, I just go with the best TS 1h aug as it has the most dmg and a dmg proc. I do the same on the 2her. For the shield, I go with Hstam in type 5 slot (some people still use the AC aug from LDON in the type 5 slot, I don't but that's preference) and the highest AC for the type 8 slot. Yes, the rune procs can/do stack and would add a minor amount of threat (as would the heal proc) to anything you have agro on. But as a knight, I highly doubt you're worried about your AE threat......

Personally, I just go with the best TS 1h aug as it has the most dmg and a dmg proc. I do the same on the 2her. For the shield, I go with Hstam in type 5 slot (some people still use the AC aug from LDON in the type 5 slot, I don't but that's preference) and the highest AC for the type 8 slot. Yes, the rune procs can/do stack and would add a minor amount of threat (as would the heal proc) to anything you have agro on. But as a knight, I highly doubt you're worried about your AE threat......
So you're focusing on damage procs not heal procs. Good to know thanks.

Procs are infrequent at best. They are nice to haves. if you dont have a proc aug that does something fundamentally useful, then don't bother. Go with the best type 4 aug you can fit in that suits your purpose. Some people put damage augs, some people put stat augs in. Procs are just nice to haves, they aren't the best.

Unless you're a caster where the damage doesnt matter and the proc is the only thing that is important, or a priest where the proc has to be utility. See the below conversation about proc augs:

Question - Aug Proc for 1h/2h/shield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back