• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Assistance for AFK in PoK - Unloading (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
I was trying to find an answer to this question / concern I have, but came up empty handed for the most part. I have understood that if an admin at DB has a reason to scan a connection to a PC that happens to be running MQ, that they will know it is loaded up and in use. Like if they are responding to a petition and feel like they need to scan the PC from the account in question. If an /unload command is issued to unload MQ from every instance that is active, would that prevent it from being detected even though the account(s) is / are still online? Sometimes I like to just leave my toons in PoK when I am taking a break (I do log out completely more often than not). But I don't want to risk discovery if they happen to be responding to some sort of petition for whatever reason. I play responsibly with the program always. I just need a little more information on this subject is all.

Even if the devs know how DBG is detecting the clients, they aren't going to dish that information out. With DBG going hard on the ban wagon both sides have gone cold war, trying to gain or hide information from the other.

Personally if you are going to go through the hassle to unload from the clients, might as well close the MQ program too if you are worried about it at all.

Even if the devs know how DBG is detecting the clients, they aren't going to dish that information out. With DBG going hard on the ban wagon both sides have gone cold war, trying to gain or hide information from the other.

Personally if you are going to go through the hassle to unload from the clients, might as well close the MQ program too if you are worried about it at all.
While I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. With respect, you missed the point of my question.

If an /unload command is issued to unload MQ from every instance that is active, would that prevent it from being detected even though the account(s) is / are still online?

That was literally your only question in your post. And if the MQ devs know that MQ is not detected unless it's injected into the client and they admit that here, then DBG can read this forum just as easy as any other person in the public domain of the internet and decide to get more aggressive.

Thanks but no thanks, keep DBG in the dark as much as possible.

That was literally your only question in your post. And if the MQ devs know that MQ is not detected unless it's injected into the client and they admit that here, then DBG can read this forum just as easy as any other person in the public domain of the internet and decide to get more aggressive.

Thanks but no thanks, keep DBG in the dark as much as possible.
OH! Alright. I see what you are saying now. I didn't get that from your initial reply. But now that I re-read it with this additional response, I see what you are saying now. I appreciate the follow-up. Sorry for the confusion on my end! =) I will just continue to log off when I am taking breaks. This may continue to be the best bet for my peace of mind.

If mq isn't injected to eq, it can't protect you from eq.

I would suggest exiting mq, eqbc, anything extra and then unload.

Or just exit everyone then load them up without mq injected.

It is a wise choice to not be away from keyboard with MQ doing anything (think feedme, autoforage, overseer, etc). But just sitting there toon looking innocentandnot automating anything. Have a hard time thinking you're going to run into problems.

This is a good reason to have a guild hall you can chillax in without mixed company

If mq isn't injected to eq, it can't protect you from eq.

I would suggest exiting mq, eqbc, anything extra and then unload.

Or just exit everyone then load them up without mq injected.

It is a wise choice to not be away from keyboard with MQ doing anything (think feedme, autoforage, overseer, etc). But just sitting there toon looking innocentandnot automating anything. Have a hard time thinking you're going to run into problems.

This is a good reason to have a guild hall you can chillax in without mixed company
Thanks for the info Sic. I don't ever go AFK with the toons doing anything on their own as it is.

Good advice about guild hall. =)

Question - Assistance for AFK in PoK - Unloading

Users who are viewing this thread

Back