• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Are login servers down ? (1 Viewer)

Yesterday, the chief executive officer of publisher Daybreak Games made headlines for threatening a group of cyberattackers. Today, the company's website and games are experiencing outages.

I can't even get the Launchpad to appear to load fully, just the process starts up.... someone got pissed off by the suspension, and hit something at the very core

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, lauchpad shell finally opened a window "installing updates" question now is what am I getting?

[tweet]619254664261992449[/tweet]

- - - Updated - - -

[tweet]619253044207718401[/tweet]

[tweet]619274711990706176[/tweet]

[tweet]619270868691234817[/tweet]

[tweet]619254664261992449[/tweet]

[tweet]619235113159774208[/tweet]

- - - Updated - - -

The CEO of Daybreak, formerly Sony Online Entertainment, is not happy. John Smedley's plane was grounded after a bomb threat last August, a move infamous hacker group Lizard Squad took credit for. A Lizard Squad member was recently sentenced, but Smedley wants more.

Lizard Squad was, of course, also responsible for taking down Xbox Live and PlayStation Network last Christmas.

17-year-old Julius "zeekill" Kivimaki is the hacker in question, and he'll serve a two-year sentence with zero prison time. His online activities will, however, be monitored by authorities.
In a series of tweets, Smedley articulated his dissatisfaction with how sentencing went.

When you see him talking at @what_security, know that's Kivimaki's Twitter account. He's been tweeting recently, and his bio describes him as the "untouchable hacker god." OK, then.

Take it away, John.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's frustrating and annoying, but they did "warn" Smedley to shut his fat mouth. He kept shooting off at the microphone and they're giving him a virtual bitch slap. Perhaps now instead of everyone else losing their jobs....it will be him getting moved around and shuffled on out. He's fucked up enough stuff over the years, be nice to see him get the Karma bus, although the Lizardsquad is annoying....at least we know what's going on ultimately and it is sort of humorous, even though I'm losing out on valuable time to "play" (aka set up bots and make sure they're farming what I want farmed).

It's frustrating and annoying, but they did "warn" Smedley to shut his fat mouth. He kept shooting off at the microphone and they're giving him a virtual bitch slap. Perhaps now instead of everyone else losing their jobs....it will be him getting moved around and shuffled on out. He's fucked up enough stuff over the years, be nice to see him get the Karma bus, although the Lizardsquad is annoying....at least we know what's going on ultimately and it is sort of humorous, even though I'm losing out on valuable time to "play" (aka set up bots and make sure they're farming what I want farmed).

I think you've nailed it.

boy did I screw up I deleted eq,, thinking something wrong in Launchpad and now I cant even get eq to install wow did I goof up lol.....laters all

well that sucks .. I finally carve out some time to start tds progression on my box crew and the lizards decide to start firing again. Now what to do while I wait for their moms to turn off their computers and tuck them in.

Quoted for the truth. Long time coming for Smedley. If only this would get the player base rallied up to file a petition with Columbus Nova to get him out of this business for good. You can't be a CEO of a company and post those types of immature tweets and expect there to not be repercussions.

Quoted for the truth. Long time coming for Smedley. If only this would get the player base rallied up to file a petition with Columbus Nova to get him out of this business for good. You can't be a CEO of a company and post those types of immature tweets and expect there to not be repercussions.

Man I almost wanna just sell my toons and be done , but I done got my sk back to being a bad ass ARx mentis raid geared and I don't wanna

- - - Updated - - -

;)

Servers up now....
Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Yesterday at 3:41 PM.
. Thread Status: Not open for further replies.

Roshen

Administrator

We are aware of continued connectivity issues happening with our game servers and, in some cases, website and forums.

We are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible, but we do not have a current estimate to how long this outage may last. Thank you for your continued patience.

I think they are up to no good again, lots of lag going on hehe. It's kind of fun watching the two sides duke it out but ya, sucks it makes the game unplayable.

Re: Are login servers down ?
I can't even get the Launchpad to appear to load fully, just the process starts up.... someone got pissed off by the suspension, and hit something at the very core

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, lauchpad shell finally opened a window "installing updates" question now is what am I getting?

Yes. I got it too. Quite suspicious. May be better to just wait until the attacks have stopped in case they (lizard squad) are intercepting traffic to the patch server.

apart from some slow zoning am logging in and playing ok got 8 toons ingame that were on all night and a further 5 logged in in past few hours

guilds had enough log in to go raiding

Discussion - Are login servers down ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back