• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

AoC section? (1 Viewer)

Khatib

RedCents
21¢
Nothing too important, cause it's a good 3 weeks away...

But being a new game that some people are claiming was pushed to an early release...

It should have a shit ton of bugs and exploitable shit in it.

Is it gonna get it's own section or just be lumped other the other games stuff with Vanguard?

I don't do a ton of bug hunting, but I always keep my ear to the ground and I'm gonna be playing it with a pretty large guild... so I'd be more than happy to help run the section if you're gonna start one for it.

Again though, I'm a good month early with this, just a slow work day right now... :)

Honestly, I don't see an AoC section any time soon. Before, people were begging for an EQ2 section; an official guide was created, polls were set up, and the game flopped. The forum was a money sink. With Vanguard, people begged for a forum, and that flopped too. Until AoC is established as an important game like EQ or WoW, we won't have a forum.

With Vanguard, people begged for a forum, and that flopped too. Until AoC is established as an important game like EQ or WoW, we won't have a forum.

Seriously mate. Don't bother.

I'm currently suffering in the AoC close beta, and the game is a bug-fest. I've seen everything from load screen freezing, lock-ups, texture corruption, client data file corruption, lost/corrupted characters and the odd page file fault, BSOD!

This is occurring on my machine as well as on 3 others, owned by LAN buddies of mine who are also in beta. These machines are a variety of ATi, nVidia, AMD and Intel technology, so it's not just one machine that's crashing, it's all FOUR!

The game is awesome when it runs... but at the moment, it isn't. I can see the WoW-heads jumping over into this new shiney in the first month, get sick of it in the first day when their old Pentium 4, from 2004, can't run the game, and jump right back into WoW.

This game is another Vanguard/Hellgate London/Anarchy Online in the making. I can see the train coming... the wreck is sure to follow.

:ripperjack:

For the sake of MMO's, let's hope that it can work out it's kinks. If Blizzard didn't provide the refuge that WoW is, then users may be more adept to giving it a shot.

AoC section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back